• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Justin B.C.

Walken is a scary clown!!
    Dec 25, 2012
    Does anyone know if there is an MWR firing range at Ft Meade, or any of the other posts/bases in the area? I have heard rumors of this mythical beast, but cannot find anything on their MWR website. Any help is much appreciated.

Mj45

Feb 4, 2013
    There is a rod and gun club on Ft Meade. I dont have the website handy. There is a range that they use there at least once a month. Google Ft Meade Rod & Gun Club and see what happens.

Justin B.C.

Walken is a scary clown!!
    Dec 25, 2012
    Are you Dod?

I am (well, soon, filling out security paperwork that job is contingent upon) and am also a dependent of an active duty Soldier.

Thanks folks, I am looking at the website now. I miss the Ft Campbell range. ;)

ortoch

Feb 14, 2013
    there is a meade pistol and rifle club that is available to DOD and military not sure how to view their site outside ft meade but they have a webpage on the internal web if you have access.

sleev-les

Gata Needs His Gat
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    I'm going to join that club. For $25 a year and somewhere close that I can shoot my 50, its worth it. Range layout looks pretty cool too.

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    Can't shoot a 50 there. Nothing more powerful than a 30-06. Lead fee ammo on pistol ranges. Sorry.

Drewsky87

Dec 20, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    two separate clubs.

Oh, ok...I was looking at the MRPC website while at work (looks like they only have an "internal" site) and it seemed pretty cool.

It's open to DoD civilians, DoD contractors, military (AD & retired I believe) and their family. It's affiliated with AGC of Baltimore and NRA and the prices didn't seem too bad.

I think the site said their range went up to 600 yards and they also have a pistol range and skeet.

MDHokie

Jan 21, 2013
    Calverton, MD
    Oh, ok...I was looking at the MRPC website while at work (looks like they only have an "internal" site) and it seemed pretty cool.

It's open to DoD civilians, DoD contractors, military (AD & retired I believe) and their family. It's affiliated with AGC of Baltimore and NRA and the prices didn't seem too bad.

I think the site said their range went up to 600 yards and they also have a pistol range and skeet.

I'm a contractor in D.C. so I can't see any of their internal stuff, any info that people can get online? I live in Columbia so it would be nice to be able to join. Thanks.

Drewsky87

Dec 20, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    I'm a contractor in D.C. so I can't see any of their internal stuff, any info that people can get online? I live in Columbia so it would be nice to be able to join. Thanks.

All I can remember at the moment is membership to the club requires NRA membership (which can be obtained through the club). It's open to Military (I think both AD and retired), DoD Civilians, DoD Contractors and their families. They sometimes allow others in if space permits. You can purchase an AGC card to gain access to their other ranges as well.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    wallpaper_9717.jpg

Yoshi

Invictus
    Jun 9, 2010
    Someplace in Maryland
    I've shot there plenty of times and belong to the Ft. Meade Rod & Gun. It's a good club, but range time is limited. To maximize its use, you'll need to hook up with some of the sister organizations or join a both the Rod & Gun and Rifle & Pistol clubs.

Haven't seen any range restrictions there, but the biggest I've seen are .30 cals

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    Alot of misinformation in this thread. I'm a member of both clubs and am not DOD or military. No 50 cal or magnum rifle calibers and ranges 2,3,4,6, and 7 are non lead. 1,5,8, and 9 are lead allowed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom