Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Topics of Interest > Competitive Shooting
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 6th, 2019, 03:38 PM #11
Occam Occam is offline
Recovering Lurker
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Montgomery County
Posts: 6,122
Occam Occam is offline
Recovering Lurker
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Montgomery County
Posts: 6,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGARMS View Post
plus there WILL BE a fun stage (Madness) thrown in to keep things interesting.
Ah. All is now right with the universe.

FWIW, the utterly unreliable long-range forecast suggests there maybe showers the day before, but party sunny, low winds, and pushing 50F for the high on the 17th. Pretty good for the middle of November.
Occam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2019, 04:03 PM #12
MEGARMS's Avatar
MEGARMS MEGARMS is offline
KnowNothing
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Carroll County
Posts: 2,935
MEGARMS MEGARMS is offline
KnowNothing
MEGARMS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Carroll County
Posts: 2,935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Occam View Post
Ah. All is now right with the universe.

FWIW, the utterly unreliable long-range forecast suggests there maybe showers the day before, but party sunny, low winds, and pushing 50F for the high on the 17th. Pretty good for the middle of November.
Too much rain will be a very bad thing for us. Because of the drought this summer, we were never able to get any grass to grow in the bays. Rain causes lots of mud and if there is lots of mud, we will probably have to cancel the match. So, pray to the sun gods to keep things dry.
MEGARMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2019, 04:05 PM #13
Occam Occam is offline
Recovering Lurker
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Montgomery County
Posts: 6,122
Occam Occam is offline
Recovering Lurker
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Montgomery County
Posts: 6,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGARMS View Post
Too much rain will be a very bad thing for us. Because of the drought this summer, we were never able to get any grass to grow in the bays. Rain causes lots of mud and if there is lots of mud, we will probably have to cancel the match. So, pray to the sun gods to keep things dry.
What, not enough room in the AGC action budget for a thousand square yards of astroturf?

Totally understand. That long-range forecast is 40% for "showers" (not rain, a word they use when they mean it), so we shall see.
Occam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2019, 08:25 AM #14
boss281's Avatar
boss281 boss281 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,193
boss281 boss281 is offline
Senior Member
boss281's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,193
Is there still a wait list? I have to bail, a conflict for next Sunday has popped up.
boss281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2019, 08:28 AM #15
MEGARMS's Avatar
MEGARMS MEGARMS is offline
KnowNothing
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Carroll County
Posts: 2,935
MEGARMS MEGARMS is offline
KnowNothing
MEGARMS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Carroll County
Posts: 2,935
Quote:
Originally Posted by boss281 View Post
Is there still a wait list? I have to bail, a conflict for next Sunday has popped up.
Yes there is a pretty sizeable waitlist. Please withdraw on Practiscore. Thank you for being considerate.
MEGARMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2019, 08:31 AM #16
Occam Occam is offline
Recovering Lurker
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Montgomery County
Posts: 6,122
Occam Occam is offline
Recovering Lurker
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Montgomery County
Posts: 6,122
The good news is the forecast has shifted to it being dry for several days in advance. Looks like a chilly day with 60%+ humidity, so kinda raw. Makes thinking through clothing layers and holster drawing more complicated. #FirstWorldProblems
Occam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2019, 08:50 AM #17
boss281's Avatar
boss281 boss281 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,193
boss281 boss281 is offline
Senior Member
boss281's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGARMS View Post
Yes there is a pretty sizeable waitlist. Please withdraw on Practiscore. Thank you for being considerate.
Done. Thanks.
boss281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2019, 06:15 PM #18
Stoveman's Avatar
Stoveman Stoveman is offline
TV Personality
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Cuba on the Chesapeake
Posts: 15,906
Stoveman Stoveman is offline
TV Personality
Stoveman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Cuba on the Chesapeake
Posts: 15,906
Quote:
Originally Posted by Occam View Post
The good news is the forecast has shifted to it being dry for several days in advance. Looks like a chilly day with 60%+ humidity, so kinda raw. Makes thinking through clothing layers and holster drawing more complicated. #FirstWorldProblems

When shooting in the cold I will layer with thermals, a long sleeve shirt and then an outer jacket and just take the jacket off to shoot and put it back on when the stage is complete.

I also will have gloves with hand warmers in them that I will wear right up until time to shoot.
__________________
_______________
Proud CCW Cultist
Stoveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2019, 09:39 AM #19
Daveyboysmith's Avatar
Daveyboysmith Daveyboysmith is offline
There's a search box?!?!
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ellicott city
Posts: 348
Daveyboysmith Daveyboysmith is offline
There's a search box?!?!
Daveyboysmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ellicott city
Posts: 348
anybody who was on the wait list may want to check emails
Daveyboysmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2019, 12:26 AM #20
Stoveman's Avatar
Stoveman Stoveman is offline
TV Personality
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Cuba on the Chesapeake
Posts: 15,906
Stoveman Stoveman is offline
TV Personality
Stoveman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Cuba on the Chesapeake
Posts: 15,906
Anyone on MDS the one who is shooting a revolver in Squad 5?
__________________
_______________
Proud CCW Cultist
Stoveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  Home Page > Forum List > Topics of Interest > Competitive Shooting


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
2019, Congregate Media, LP Privacy Policy Terms of Service