Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Topics of Interest > Training and Safety
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old October 17th, 2019, 12:41 AM #1

Ever hear of Front Sight Training

If I purchased a pistol safe direct from Fort Knox, I get a certificate valued at $1000 for a two-day defensive handgun course from Front Sight. This company has a training facility in Pleasantville PA near Titusville/Oil City areas.

Sounds to good to be true. Why would Fort Knox and Front Sight hook up and give away $1000 valued training?

https://www.ftknox.com/product/origi...cate-included/

Know anything about Front Sight
platoonDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2019, 06:01 AM #2
KnowNothing

KnowNothing

Pretty sure this is the Front Sight in Nevada. I have never been, but know others who have memberships there. I'm not sure what the hook is, but I know that they try to get you sell memberships for them. Kind of like a network marketing thing. I've heard good things about the training.
MEGARMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2019, 06:54 AM #3

Great training but, if you have to pay for it, the air fare and hotel gets expensive.

"A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to the United States of America for an amount of up to and including my life. That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it."
(credit to a USAF pilot)

For those who gave all.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUZHTE1jMXg

Proud Patriot Picket
John from MD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2019, 09:58 PM #4

I had a coworker who took pistol classes there and had good experience. I'd like to take their shotgun and carbine courses
Hoons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2019, 11:05 PM #5

I haven't been , but my understanding ( about the Nevada operation, presumably the Pa is similar ) is reasonably acceptable training . Their sticht is the ranges/ training is an inducement to get an audience for real estate pitch .

If you get a good promotional deal to attend, and you have a high threshold for sales pitches , then absolutely go for it and enjoy . If you were contemplating paying full retail list of $1k/ two days , there's plenty of other options that are better, or less costly or both .
Biggfoot44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2019, 08:20 AM #6
shootereducation.com

shootereducation.com

I have taken several courses at Front Site in NV. Including pistol and shotgun. Excellent training, and you're 40 mile from Las Vegas, including all the cool attraction, like Hoover Dam, Red Rock Canyon, and various state and national parks. They accept drop-shipment of ammo, so you can order a case and they will hold it for you. Highly recommended, and certificates can be had on the secondary market for free (as in this case) or very little $.
shrinkwrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2019, 10:43 AM #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by platoonDaddy View Post
If I purchased a pistol safe direct from Fort Knox, I get a certificate valued at $1000 for a two-day defensive handgun course from Front Sight. This company has a training facility in Pleasantville PA near Titusville/Oil City areas.

Sounds to good to be true. Why would Fort Knox and Front Sight hook up and give away $1000 valued training?

https://www.ftknox.com/product/origi...cate-included/

Know anything about Front Sight
If you go to there website they give you a $2000 certificate for watching a video.

"It's easy to obey laws that you agree with but when you protest by breaking laws that you disagree with, that makes you a criminal!"
bigmanindc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2019, 11:06 AM #8

Never been myself, but I understand that their training is great. That said, they're also the punch line of many jokes on various firearms forums, mostly related to their heavy-handed marketing.

-Rob
BurtonRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2019, 02:55 PM #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkwrap View Post
I have taken several courses at Front Site in NV. Including pistol and shotgun. Excellent training, and you're 40 mile from Las Vegas, including all the cool attraction, like Hoover Dam, Red Rock Canyon, and various state and national parks. They accept drop-shipment of ammo, so you can order a case and they will hold it for you. Highly recommended, and certificates can be had on the secondary market for free (as in this case) or very little $.
Where did you stay for your training?

"It's easy to obey laws that you agree with but when you protest by breaking laws that you disagree with, that makes you a criminal!"
bigmanindc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2019, 06:34 AM #10
shootereducation.com

shootereducation.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmanindc View Post
Where did you stay for your training?
I stayed in Vegas for a couple of days (extended my trips each time) and in Pahrump, where FS is located, for the days of training. BTW, the town of Pahrump is about how it sounds. The biggest deal the last time I was there was the new Walmart that had recently opened (this was about 15 years ago). Not even a bowling alley or a movie theater at that time; not sure what it's like now. It's located in Nye county, where prostitution is legal (as it is in something like 40% of NV). I drove by (but did not partake of) Mabel's Whorehouse, which motto is "Where the customer always comes first."

When I took the FS training, it was excellent. They did try to market memberships in FS, which come with training certificates, as well as real estate in the FS planned community, which I don't think has ever taken off. No matter, the training is some of the best of I've had, very professional.
shrinkwrap is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > Topics of Interest > Training and Safety