• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Got a little intense but it's done. Hope to shoot it this weekend.

Attachments

• 20191029_193426.jpg
      20191029_193426.jpg
      40.6 KB · Views: 711
    • 20191029_193407.jpg
      20191029_193407.jpg
      38.7 KB · Views: 542

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    its 12.5"

12.5 is the barrel, not the OAL of the pistol.

I would strongly urge no vertical grip. ATF guidance on this is inconsistent. How you measure the OAL for purposes of the VFG on a pistol changes with the wind. Some letters I've read say to measure OAL without the brace (but with buffer tube or to receiver extension).

Do not count muzzle devices either unless they are pinned and welded

See here:

https://blog.princelaw.com/2019/07/...ength-when-equipped-with-a-stabilizing-brace/

Based on this letter, it is safe to say that ATF is taking the position that firearms equipped with stabilizing braces need to have their overall length measured with the brace folded or to the end of the receiver extension if the brace is stationary and non-adjustable. Adding a vertical foregrip to a firearm that has an overall length of less than 26 inches results in the making of an AOW, which is subject to the National Firearms Act.

If you find your pistol is not 26" per the letter above, personally I would delete the pictures and remove the VFG, what you have is an illegal NFA item.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Vertical grip is more than likely a no-go and you don't want to mount any sight across the upper and fore-end. pick one or the other. ;)

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Though as long as the clamping portion wasnt doing the bridging its fine?
    Yes. As long as the sight isn't physically resting on both, you should be good. There is a lot of movement happening between those two sections. It will play hell on the sight and accuracy of the sight. I've seen it firsthand.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I am really thinking about a Kino build; I want carry handle irons (w/ F Block front) and I like the extra sight radius but at the same time having a 12" barrel. Will start with a pistol but probably go for an SBR later. BCM has an upper ready built; for a price.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Just finished the Kino build (BCM Kino config with "F" front sight) as a pistol but will eventually go the SBR route. Great way to go if you like irons and want a mid length sight radius with a 12.5" barrel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom