• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Had great luck with my effort to hire a welder through MDS, hoping lightning strikes twice.

Immediate opening for a full time forklift driver/yardman in SW Baltimore. Forklift certification(s) aren't required but experience running one is pretty well a necessity. We'll give you training to satisfy my company's requirement's if hired but I can't be teaching from scratch.

It's not a high paying or glorious job but I'll keep you busy dependably.

Company offers a 401(k) with matching to all employees. Health insurance is pretty damn good, premium is a little high for a family but still better than many places today. Company offers a FSA for health.

Responsibilities:
    • Moving large quantities of inventory and keeping track of their placement
    • Ensure forklift is properly stored, fueled, cleaned, and ready to operate
    • Move inventory and materials across facilities (warehouse, welding/fabrication shop)
    • Safely operate forklift within facilities as well as outside during all weather conditions
    • Stack and organize large bulk items in racks and yard including, but not limited to:
    o Lengths of pipe and other raw materials
    o Palletized materials
    • Load/unload trucks in yard if required
    • Keep the yard organized and clear
    • Other general warehouse responsibilities will be included

Requirements:
    • Physically able to stand, sit, move, squat, walk, and climb during the shift
    • Able to work in a fast-paced environment
    • Occasionally weekend work required
    • Indoor/outdoor work environment in all seasons
    • Valid driver’s license
    • Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screening

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    I'd be all over this if my situation allowed. Worked iron work(yard man and on site ground guy) for a few years and been driving a forklift for 31 years. If this was closer to home or night work maybe. Good luck with your search.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Where is this job located?
    I have been driving forklifts since 1988 and was a forklift trainer when I was at the tool company.

Pigtown but thanks to this thread I've made a hire. Assuming all goes well and he enjoys the job we will be good to go.

Does it pay $36 an hour like the Port of Baltimore (Dundalk Marine Terminal) I.L.A. workers make? From a retired 43 yrs. I.L.A. man.

Not even close

jmike1487

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Are you looking for anything part time? I work full time with Howard county highways M-F. If it’s snowing or Howard county gets killed by tornadoes or a flood I’d have to leave lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

antco

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Calvert, MD
    Man, way back I was surgical with a 36,000 forklift. My ideal retirement job is to be a warehouse fork driver just moving and stacking and keeping the place organized and efficient. What’s your business looking like in 30 years? Keep a seat open for me Bert.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Are you looking for anything part time? I work full time with Howard county highways M-F. If it’s snowing or Howard county gets killed by tornadoes or a flood I’d have to leave lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not right now, no. Only have two forklift drivers and they're busy so they're full time jobs.

Man, way back I was surgical with a 36,000 forklift. My ideal retirement job is to be a warehouse fork driver just moving and stacking and keeping the place organized and efficient. What’s your business looking like in 30 years? Keep a seat open for me Bert.

I don't even know if this place will be here in 30 years. Lots of changes happening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom