• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Noahjm13

Jun 24, 2018
    Hey MDS!

I just got married to a girl from out here and will probably be in Maryland most summers. As you can imagine the difference in gun culture was a pretty big shock to me. I am a big fan of both military surplus and tactical rifles. I do a lot of AR building back home as well as 80% Glocks and AR receivers. Nice to know there are people who I can talk about guns with out here without being scoffed at

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Hey MDS!

I just got married to a girl from out here and will probably be in Maryland most summers. As you can imagine the difference in gun culture was a pretty big shock to me. I am a big fan of both military surplus and tactical rifles. I do a lot of AR building back home as well as 80% Glocks and AR receivers. Nice to know there are people who I can talk about guns with out here without being scoffed at

Glad to have you aboard!
    You'll find plenty here.

I love UT. Became an instructor for CFP classes a couple of years ago and cannot wait to go back.

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Welcome !

Don't assume Jonathanglock . My relatives living in Utah were Gentiles , and my LDS relatives are in Washington state .

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• msi_welcome.jpg
      msi_welcome.jpg
      30.2 KB · Views: 222

K-43

West of Morning Side
    Oct 20, 2010
    PG
    Welcome aboard!
    Yeah, I'm from Nebraska and grew up with a whole different culture than the mainstream here. However, you've found a good place to feel at home. You'll probably meet up with some of these guys at ranges, make a few friends.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Welcome aboard! My company's management operations are based in SLC and I'm out there 2-3x per year for meetings and conferences. Utah is one of my favorite places in the USA, just for the diversity in landscape and natural beauty of the West. Welcome to MD and...my condolences. You're going to find that the attitude towards firearms is much different than to what you're accustomed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom