• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    I won't get in to the details of my experience with carbon arrows versus aluminum, BUT, I did try some Carbon 400's for about 2 years and have hunted with them as well and the main thing I noticed about the carbons versus the aluminum I am use to is the fact that the carbons fly like a wet noodle. I'm not impressed with their "Back-Bone". I have gone back to my aluminum 2117 "logs". I know carbon is the latest/greatest, but, they don't have their place in my hunts.

Franklin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 12, 2012
    close to budds creek
    you use fiberglass arrows for these......

Snakehead20Tourney20-20010.jpg

jhcrab

Jun 28, 2012
    Howard Co.
    I have been shooting bow and arrow for 40 + yrs. By far, carbon is the best that I have ever shot. But, I have said this before when alum. arrows replaced wooden. Hope I am around when the next generation of arrows comes along.

Franklin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 12, 2012
    close to budds creek
    I have been shooting bow and arrow for 40 + yrs. By far, carbon is the best that I have ever shot. But, I have said this before when alum. arrows replaced wooden. Hope I am around when the next generation of arrows comes along.
    Father and I were just talking about that today. About what new wonder fiber will replace carbon. I think it will be a while, but they are playing with all these weaves with the carbon and and resins. I believe that's the future. Take a look at the Easton deep six arrows if you haven't seen them.

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    I've never successfully straightened an aluminum arrow, and I've never used fiberglass

Carbon fiber works real well though, they last for what seems like forever, at least I haven't broken one yet.

Mendicant

Aug 11, 2015
    Baltimore/Silver Spring
    What are you using them for? Fiberglass arrows are generally only used for bow fishing. You probably mean carbon.

I was teaching three youths archery at Adelphi yesterday, and between the three of them I lost or damaged at least a dozen arrows. I just ordered 60 dirt cheap fiberglass arrows from China on ebay for the next time I'm training a new hunter. I am sure they are absolute junk, but even fiberglass has its niche uses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom