• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NoFro

Aug 24, 2010
    Queen Anne's County
    Never saw the MSP do it any other way. You ever hear of it being done at any other time?

No, just clarifying for the previous poster that started the initial application and mentioned he didnt see anywhere to pay. It has always been at the completion of the application, but when it was a paper app either dealers paid or you write a check to MSP if done at barrack. Now the only way is paying online with CC when everything is finally submitted.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    No, just clarifying for the previous poster that started the initial application and mentioned he didnt see anywhere to pay. It has always been at the completion of the application, but when it was a paper app either dealers paid or you write a check to MSP if done at barrack. Now the only way is paying online with CC when everything is finally submitted.

Wait a minute. Pay online with a CC when everything is finally submitted? Please define finally submitted.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County

Wait a minute. Pay online with a CC when everything is finally submitted? Please define finally submitted.
    Simple answer, when the trooper asks you for your credit card for payment, and I can assure you that it will be before the application is submitted.;)

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Yep, some people tend to over complicate things and don't really mean to do it, I've been known to do it myself at times.:thumbsup:

I scoured the MSP Licensing Division website and could not find ANY instructions. I guess they do not want to encourage transfers at the Barracks.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    I scoured the MSP Licensing Division website and could not find ANY instructions. I guess they do not want to encourage transfers at the Barracks.

I had to laugh, last Sunday myself and another member did a transfer at Cumberland, we were told that we were the first to do it here, the trooper tried to log in and their password had expired. He tried to change the password and couldn't access the email the link was sent to to change the password, he had to make a few phone calls but got it straightened out after about 10-15 minutes, he told us he liked the old paper setup much better.

gmharle

MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Millers, MD

The documentation is at the bottom of this page.
    There is a barracks guide, dealers guide and users guide.

Screen Shot 2017-03-03 at 7.39.06 AM.jpg

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    here are the guides

Attachments

• Licensing Portal - User's Guide.pdf
      5 MB · Views: 297
    • Licensing Portal - Dealer's Guide.pdf
      1.3 MB · Views: 570
    • Licensing Portal - Barrack Guide.pdf
      1.1 MB · Views: 151

lennyk

Jan 11, 2013
    Woodbine
    Hey guys...just did my first application. Not too hard really. BUT, is the unique application number per single firearm? Can two or more firearms be under the same application number? (Yes, in consideration of designated collector status)

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Initiated transfer at the Leonardtown Barracks this morning. The trooper readily admitted that he had not done any transfers using the portal. He did not have the login nor a password and did not know how to find it. He was very apologetic and thankful that I printed the instructions for him. Took about an 50 minutes. All is good. Hopefully they will have this figured out before I have to go through it again. I am thinking that calling ahead next time would be a good idea.

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Hey guys...just did my first application. Not too hard really. BUT, is the unique application number per single firearm? Can two or more firearms be under the same application number? (Yes, in consideration of designated collector status)

The short answer: Yes!

The explanation: the dealer adds however many firearms are to be purchased from their location. If you are buying from different dealers, then one application ID doesn't work. You will need one Unique ID per each dealer you intend to buy from.

Hit and Run

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2010
    Prince Frederick
    Yes. If desginated collector as an FFL I can add multiple guns at once. Cost via credit card to MSP is still $10.00. Once that is paid an application is submitted, that application is done. To buy another regulated firearm requires another application.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    You guys are spot on again . Got the Not Disapproved email at exactly 6 am this morning. Any by the way, I went in to print the application at about 5:30 and the status had NOT been changed to Not Disapproved yet.

NoFro

Aug 24, 2010
    Queen Anne's County
    Yes. If desginated collector as an FFL I can add multiple guns at once. Cost via credit card to MSP is still $10.00. Once that is paid an application is submitted, that application is done. To buy another regulated firearm requires another application.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Your dealer can also select a different type of sale, such as dealer discount, in order to put a second handgun on the same application without being a designated collector.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom