• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Well to each his own. I will continue to use UTM products along with dry fire and Mantis X products. If you don't find them useful....cool. Doesn't mean I don't and the people I have taught using them don't either.
    I just look at how really good, world-class shooters train, and the use of UTMs (in the way you're describing) and MantisX is nil. (Did I mention I own a MantisX?) So, yeah, you do you. Personally, I don't see what UTMs do better than 22s for what you're describing, except that 22s are waaaay cheaper.

hubbarddanny

Oct 4, 2013
    Severn
    I just look at how really good, world-class shooters train, and the use of UTMs (in the way you're describing) and MantisX is nil. (Did I mention I own a MantisX?) So, yeah, you do you. Personally, I don't see what UTMs do better than 22s for what you're describing, except that 22s are waaaay cheaper.
    Safety and piece of mind for beginners not world class.

Dogabutila

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2010
    I taught a 16 year old girl, who never picked up a pistol in her life, to consistently shoot this hostage target with my VP9. Took about an hour.
    No special training thingies.
    e1414b913722ac1bf08e1d4291437a28.jpg
    That's cool. Can she do it opposed under stress with slightly moving targets? That's the value of UTM.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    That's cool. Can she do it opposed under stress with slightly moving targets? That's the value of UTM.
    I know the use and value of SIMS, unlike the OP.
    Yeah. She's "running kit" on the weekends when she isn't going to high school. Ridiculous question.

Someone shooting it alone as a mean of marksmanship training is useless. Force on force training an active shooter scenario/CQB is where it's useful. Who has 10-15 friends they can gather in an abandoned building and run scenarios?
    There was a company who used to be an industry partner here invested in SIMS guns and equipment to do just that, and they failed miserably because of cost. People just weren't spending the money for it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom