• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    I know there's plenty of people here who know the name in the title without Googling it so I won't mention the show yet.
    A few of the members here know that I've been on a quest to shed a few pounds and help with arthritis I've been walking, usually 3 miles in the morning and 3 in the evening. The past couple of days I've had the feeling I've just walked out of an episode of Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom.
    The road I live on is pretty void of traffic, maybe 50 cars/daily probably more but you get my drift.
    I've had 2 run ins with 2 different bears, 4 coyotes, 1 porcupine, and 1 rattlesnake. Couldn't get pictures of the bears or the coyotes, although the bigger of the 2 bears was about 25-30 feet from me before we saw each other, I did get pictures of the slower creatures.
    My dog love the adventurous walks, he gets into chase mode. It was tough keeping him away from the porcupine, he had no trouble staying back from the rattlesnake. I'm thinking he's ran into one in my yard before.

Last edited:

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      73.5 KB · Views: 277

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    It always happens. When you are out enjoying yourself, you see all kind of stuff.

The moment you put a gun in your hand, you see everything but what you are hunting. :)

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    If you were Marlin Perkins you would sit back and narrate as you sent Jim to wrestle the porcupine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom