Need a Ruger POrecision Rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor TODAY (June 30, 2016)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    ETA: Found one.

Thanks!
    I have students coming in from the mid-west and the rifle they had ordered through their local dealer did not arrive.

They are in the road now and expect to be in MD by this afternoon.

Does ANYONE west of the bay have a Ruger Precision Rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor on the shelf?

Thanks!!

Last edited:

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Hey Lou, yessir, sure did get lucky. With the help of some of the guys here, I found three within 100 miles and the guys stopped and got one on the way in Thursday evening. Shooting it this morning.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Hey Lou, yessir, sure did get lucky. With the help of some of the guys here, I found three within 100 miles and the guys stopped and got one on the way in Thursday evening. Shooting it this morning.

Have fun Ed and give us a report here on how that gun RPR 6.5 CR performs. If the rifle is really good (and optics and ammo and operator), this should be one of the best 1,000 yard cartridges to date.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    Forgetting reloading, who makes ammo for the 6.5 creedmoor, and what are the best loads, based on others experiences?

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Forgetting reloading, who makes ammo for the 6.5 creedmoor, and what are the best loads, based on others experiences?

Ed will have your scrote and balls flash frozen solid in a beaker of LOX (liquid O2) and break them off with a baseball bat jus' for shits 'n giggles with you making a statement like that, "Forgetting reloading,...."!!!:lol2::party29::lol::bannana::kicknuts::war:

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Hornady 140gr ELD match. I think all four of us w/ RPRs in Ed's first class were shooting it. It's said it's as good as can be hand loaded (is insensitive to the jump to the lands)

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    So why ARE these things harder to find than a sub2k?

Based on past experiences with Ruger since the mid 80's, when they know they havva' real winner and it'll be in strong demand, Ruger makes'em scarce almost as soon as they introduce them into the market. This way, if they decide to raise the price on that given product, they can and will get away with it b'cuz they know they can and will still sell the product b'cuz it's in demand.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Based on past experiences with Ruger since the mid 80's, when they know they havva' real winner and it'll be in strong demand, Ruger makes'em scarce almost as soon as they introduce them into the market. This way, if they decide to raise the price on that given product, they can and will get away with it b'cuz they know they can and will still sell the product b'cuz it's in demand.

Clever business strategy

SevenT6Vet

May 5, 2015
    Richmond, Va
    So how are the RPR's shooting? I hand load, but hornady match loads with new ELD Match bullets I would have no reservations about.

It looks like street pricing of the RPR is still around $1,100 plus tax +/- $50...?

SevenT6Vet

May 5, 2015
    Richmond, Va
    Didn't know where to put this and didn't want to start a new thread. Dicks in Hagerstown has a 6.5 CM and 308 in stock. $1299

Dance's Sporting Goods in Richmond Va had one of each for $1,249 this past weekend. I am going to wait for sales later this year and hope they are around $1,000 to $1,100.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom