Attachments

• Krink.jpg
      Krink.jpg
      117.2 KB · Views: 750

TyFromMD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2011
    Maryland
    Thanks man... it's kind of funny how it happened. I stained the bare wood grips it comes with with a few coats of ebony stain and coated it with a few coats of polyurethane. But I did the poly when it was cold in my basement and ended up with these ridiculous ridge lines. I started sanding down the lines and ended up with this. And it's perfect.

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    Whatever you decide, get one with a folding stock. Really makes it compact combined with a short barrel. The current-issue Russian/Bulgarian poly folders are great... all of the strut/tube folders are heavier and not as comfortable IMO.

MACTHEGUN

Aug 18, 2014
    Whatever you decide, get one with a folding stock. Really makes it compact combined with a short barrel. The current-issue Russian/Bulgarian poly folders are great... all of the strut/tube folders are heavier and not as comfortable IMO.

Isn't a folding stock AND flash supressor a Maryland no-no?

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    M92s don't take high round counts well from what I have seen. I cant say if its cheap steel, or bad heat treating but headspace opens on them pretty fast for some people.

Places that rent out guns like Henderson Defense (Battlefield Las Vegas) says they don't last long. They have a really neat thread on ARFCOM about AKs and the ones that don't last long when rented.

Now to be fair, they convert their to Machineguns, so it's harder on the firearm.

I would pick a draco or an arsenal as a host.

Gunlawyer

Jan 18, 2013
    Knoxville, MD
    Here are a couple AK SBRs I built using a Draco and Mini Draco. They were fun projects! I replaced the pistol trunnions with rifle trunnions to they could take buttstocks properly. Plenty of folks just drill and tap the OEM trunnion and screw on a folder though, that is much easier but less perfectionist, but works great from what I have seen and heard.

Note: I built these while I was still a VA resident and I then moved to The Peoples Republic of Marylandistan before the retarded O'Malley (so glad to see his presidential bid is currently blowing chunks!) ban.

Good luck with your project and let us know what you end up going with!

Draco SBR:

Draco%20SBR%20R%20Side%20Open%20Pic1.JPG

Draco%20SBR%20L%20Side%20Folded%20Pic4.JPG

Mini Draco SBR:

Mini%20Draco%20SBR.JPG

Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    Decisions

Did you decide on an AK? I finally received my stamp for my C39 Pistol. MFT grip, custom made stock and hand guard, YHM flash supressor, YHM blast deflector, and engraved by Bollingers. I shot about 100 rds through it today and I'm in love. I only wish I completed this transition sooner.

Attachments

• AK2.jpg
      AK2.jpg
      42.1 KB · Views: 436

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom