• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ngrovcam

Ultimate Member
    Jun 20, 2016
    Florida
    So, why do you all care?

First, I and, I know you all, respect and celebrate his willingness, in fact his eagerness to serve. God bless all our troops, past, present, and future. And,
    at the ceremony today, NO ONE sat for
    the national anthem.

Second, and more directly to the Forum's focus, I just had some time to wander around Sam Antonio and jumped into a coupla stores.
    They had racks and racks of guns and ammo - that you could walk over to and touch! I did not have to peer at the ammo boxes from ten feet away and try to read them through locked glass.

I did not feel like a criminal while ogling those beautiful Henry's and used hardware lining the walls.

No one watched over my shoulder as I dug through piles of Generation 3 30-and 30-round round mags. Didn't see what I wanted? Well, it was there obscured by tons of other cool stuff.

God Bless Texas - and Miss Lilly! (For those who remember...)

Saturday, I return to Maryland.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    God Bless Texas and your Son, hats off to his dedication, accomplishment and service! :patriot:

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    So, why do you all care?

First, I and, I know you all, respect and celebrate his willingness, in fact his eagerness to serve. God bless all our troops, past, present, and future. And,
    at the ceremony today, NO ONE sat for
    the national anthem.

Second, and more directly to the Forum's focus, I just had some time to wander around Sam Antonio and jumped into a coupla stores.
    They had racks and racks of guns and ammo - that you could walk over to and touch! I did not have to peer at the ammo boxes from ten feet away and try to read them through locked glass.

I did not feel like a criminal while ogling those beautiful Henry's and used hardware lining the walls.

No one watched over my shoulder as I dug through piles of Generation 3 30-and 30-round round mags. Didn't see what I wanted? Well, it was there obscured by tons of other cool stuff.

God Bless Texas - and Miss Lilly! (For those who remember...)

Saturday, I return to Maryland.

Congratulations to your son. I graduated from basic training there in 1966. My favorite memory has become my range instructor handing me an M16 and describing it as a "Buck Rogers looking SOB". Little did I know then how much I would want one now.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Sounds like you need a new regular shop if that's the way you feel. A1Uniform treats their customers like family. Cynthia greets me by name and Greg and Mike hand me 30K worth of guns and tell me to check them out!!!

I hated Lackland!!! I was banging an AF chick and flew down. I ate subway for 4 days. The river walk was a tourist trap! I wish I would have hit the gun stores like you did!

I thank your son for his service and wish him the best in life!!!!!

5.56blaster

Ultimate Member
    Tell you son to enjoy his new journey! Mine lasted from 1982-2012. I went all over the world, gained life long friends and went to war five times. I wouldn't trade a single minute of it for anything. God Bless him and all who serve!

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    :patriot: Congratulation to your son on his start in the Air Force, enjoy your time in Great State of Texas, get some Brisket, a Lone Star Beer and enjoy your taste of Freedom.

While San Antonio is not my favorite part of Texas it does have a different flavor but it's still TEXAS. Be careful if you stay to long you might want to come back and stay!

:heart: God Bess Texas and all those who serve to protect the USA :heart:

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Have dinner at Mia Tierra in the market square area.

Congrats to your son.

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    The parade ground they use for graduation is pretty kewl with all of vintage planes on display.

Like all Airmen, I went through there myself. Lackland is the only location the USAF has BASIC Training.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    "Vintage" airplanes???????????? Many of those were in service when I was at nearby Laughlin AFB.

Shoot in the the heart.

:D

md_rick_o

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 30, 2008
    Severn Md.
    Flight 3711 in 1987, retired now. Definitely loved the food available there. Of course i didn't get to try it the first time i was there but later i was stationed at Kelly. Congrats and thanks to your son, and to you for raising him right.

Ngrovcam

Ultimate Member
    Jun 20, 2016
    Florida
    Really appreciate the kind wishes and thoughts. Am an old Arrrrr-my guy, myself,
    but I want to compliment the Lackland folks - the AF really did a great job down here.
    The Military Training Instructors (MTIs) were particularly impressive
    folks...as in the other services, the staff NCO's are the very vital backbone that everything else builds on.

While I have deep concerns for the
    direction of our country just now, I have to say our air component seems to be in good
    hands.

And, oh, to be 17 again...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom