• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Our country has fallen a long way since this...
    large_liberty_pole.jpg

Frankenstein

Mar 18, 2007
    Dundalk
    I have gone through this before several years ago,I live in Berkshire in Dundalk and they do this also.It is not a baltimore county thing they have no control over code enforcement.My senator John Salling is a member of my church and him and I have talked about this and he told me there is nothing he can do.In Berkshire there is a community association and they are the ones who send out code enforcement. I got a fine in May for to much dog feces in my yard,when the night before they showed up all of it was cleaned up and the next morning my wife let the dogs out before she left for the day,so a maximum of 2 piles were out there and we got hit with the fine.

Doitsouthstyle

Apr 4, 2012
    Baltimore County
    Yes I am under the thought that court maybe best bet. But like a vehicle violation official that issued fine must be present correct? So if inspector doesn't show the judge can drop the fine and I lose a half days pay if case was heard early

Riley26

Mar 12, 2013
    Odenton, Maryland
    Wow, our Governments consider leaving the lids off trash cans a more serious offense than getting picked up by a red light camera as that fine in Rockville is $75.

Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    Hagerstown has recently initiated something similar, canned but I don't think it has to be lidded. I guess there were too many torn bags.

I'd call the guy, sound nice and they'll typically waive any fee. If he goes full retard, tell him to sue you and tell it to the judge. That was their only recourse here.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Hagerstown has recently initiated something similar, canned but I don't think it has to be lidded. I guess there were too many torn bags.

I'd call the guy, sound nice and they'll typically waive any fee. If he goes full retard, tell him to sue you and tell it to the judge. That was their only recourse here.

Some HOA's have the ability to file a lien on your house if the fine is not paid.

Doitsouthstyle

Apr 4, 2012
    Baltimore County
    Going to make phone calls tomorrow on my breaks at work to figure it out and to outrider58 my buddy lives in AA county and some agency issued him two can like those one is supposed to be for recycling and other for trash not sure if all the details but was giving him a ride home one day and seen everyone had same can and asked him and said each resident was issued two not sure if it was county association or waste removal but seemed pretty fair of an idea to me

psucobra96

Ultimate Member
    Jun 20, 2011
    Are these trash on a common alley? Make them prove they are yours. Go buy new cans and it will be cheaper than 300 bucks.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Going to make phone calls tomorrow on my breaks at work to figure it out and to outrider58 my buddy lives in AA county and some agency issued him two can like those one is supposed to be for recycling and other for trash not sure if all the details but was giving him a ride home one day and seen everyone had same can and asked him and said each resident was issued two not sure if it was county association or waste removal but seemed pretty fair of an idea to me

Tell them that you lost your periods, too, lol.

Just kidding as I assume you're phone posting.

marko12

Sep 28, 2009
    Maryland, on the Chesapeake Bay
    I almost didn't post on this thread since I've lost so many of my trashcan lids over the years. I finally bought one with the lid attached.

I sent the letter and you better pay it 'cause I will come and take all your lids for years to come.

Thank You !

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The OP recieved a ticket for no lids. OP says that he did NOT have lids.

Did I miss somthing significant?

mikebalt

Nov 4, 2014
    Catonsville, MD

Doitsouthstyle

Apr 4, 2012
    Baltimore County
    Typically they don't give you a fine right away they start with a correction notice. Go to my link and put in your address - you can put just street name - and see if they have left a prior citation and you did not get it. https://citizenaccess.baltimorecountymd.gov/CitizenAccess/Cap/CapHome.aspx?module=Enforcement&TabName=Enforcement&TabList=Home%7C0%7CEnforce%7C1%7CLicense%7C2%7CLandManagement%7C3%7CEnforcement%7C4%7CCZMP%7C5%7CCurrentTabIndex%7C4

Thank you for that link and apparently according to that February of 2015 there was a complaint but no violation issued. So no notice but really didn't know I was doing anything wrong so never changed my ways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom