• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MacGuns

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Chester
    For my personal tastes, I find merits in all of the options listed above. My ideal milsurp bubba job would take the rifle and sights of an 03-A3, the trigger of the K31, and the 6.5x55 round from the Swedish mauser.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    For my personal tastes, I find merits in all of the options listed above. My ideal milsurp bubba job would take the rifle and sights of an 03-A3, the trigger of the K31, and the 6.5x55 round from the Swedish mauser.

Sounds like a project.

I like the Garand sights a LOT better than the 03-A3 sights, though. But I like that cracker-jack 03-A3 sight better than open notches, which is your point.

I have thought of trying mojo sights on my Swede. Or more likely on one of my Switzers.

MacGuns

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Chester
    A diopter sight on one of my K31's moves it up to the top of my list, but then it is no longer as issued.

i-vXMrtgt-L.jpg

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    The Krag rifles won a lot of matches back in the day. An m1917 or a P14 with a good fitting stock works well enough too if you can get to one that hasn't been to bubba's basement. Thats a high bar to set, to nail a one fits all rifle because so many surplus rifles will shoot well if fitted correctly and fed good ammo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom