• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CasualObserver

Who Observes the Observer
    Apr 27, 2012
    Maryland Born Now in Vermont
    Took awhile to take delivery, but my latest 22lr showed up. I have a love for 22s and in particular like the trainers. While my collection of C&R stuff is quite broad, I always seem to migrate back to the 22. When Classic got these in last fall, I looked at them with interest, but between having let my FFL03 lapse, what Classic was asking for them, and well, Classic being Classic I passed. Recently I had the opportunity to pick up this beauty. It probably is 95%+ condition as far as bluing goes and the stock isn't bad either (does have an interesting stock repair). Clearly it wasn't shot much. Here a few pics. I need to clean up some of the dried grease on the bolt and wipe it down good still. Not much on these rifles info wise out there. Interweb claims there were about 12,100 of them made in 3 different varieties. Designed in 54 and introduced in 56 hence the m56 designation. It was only made for a few years. Was used to train school kids on the fundamentals of shooting and prep them for use of the M48 in the future. Like many trainers, its way overbuilt in an effort to model the Mauser it was preparing them for. Not a huge amount have made it here to the U.S. I will have to source a missing rear swivel for it, but it looks pretty plain so I'm sure I can match it with some work. Outside of finding one not import marked, I'll have a hard time improving on this one I think (though this one the import is under the barrel so it doesn't jump out at ya).

Attachments

• 100_1076.jpg
      100_1076.jpg
      127.8 KB · Views: 828
    • 100_1077.jpg
      100_1077.jpg
      99.3 KB · Views: 663
    • 100_1078.jpg
      100_1078.jpg
      85.5 KB · Views: 760
    • 100_1079.jpg
      100_1079.jpg
      43.5 KB · Views: 650
    • 100_1080.jpg
      100_1080.jpg
      137.2 KB · Views: 637

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Interesting! I've got a pile of .22 trainers but nothing from Eastern Europe so this is something new to me. Thanks for sharing!

CasualObserver

Who Observes the Observer
    Apr 27, 2012
    Maryland Born Now in Vermont
    Interesting! I've got a pile of .22 trainers but nothing from Eastern Europe so this is something new to me. Thanks for sharing!

I knew from your postings over the years you had a few trainers. Surprised I finally got one you don't have. I need to channel your skills on parts sourcing to find a replacement sling swivel.

BTW, the words on the stock is Slovak and literally translates into "Shooting Games" but looking around I've seen one or two others on the interweb marked the same and I guess it really means "Shooting Club".

Redcat

Curmudgeon
    Oct 4, 2008
    Severn, MD
    BTW, the words on the stock is Slovak and literally translates into "Shooting Games" but looking around I've seen one or two others on the interweb marked the same and I guess it really means "Shooting Club".

I could be wrong but think it’s Serbo-Croatian or Slovenian not Slovak, no “Lj”. In Slovak that I recall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom