• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    LIBERALS: "Well, that was FOREVER ago, and nothing that happened that long ago should have any bearing on the over four decades of gun-grabbing infringement we've been practicing since then. Only four decades matters!"

ME: "Except for those reparations, right?"

LIBERAL: "Right, except for that."

Let’s not forget about Roe v Wade a year later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    An interesting, if a little lengthy, article on the three tiers of scrutiny, how they developed, and why they are essentially the antithesis of constitutionality, and how they might be replaced.

I confess to skimming after a while, but it was on the whole very informative. Yet another example of .gov confusing the issues in order to mollify/pander to the progressive movement.

Get rid of tiers, and remove unelected and untouchable Administrative Law Judges, whose job is essentially to define regulations that lawmakers lack the spine to put into the laws they write. That would take us a long way toward returning the reins of govt to the People, under the COTUS.

It’s literally impossible to put in to law what is in regulations. Regulations are how the law is carried out. If you tried to put it all in to law, even if you tried to slim it down, you’d have Bills a thousand pages long.

The biggest issue with admin law judges is they give too much deference to the agencies they “work for”. Regulation itself is necessary, even if occasionally some regulations aren’t.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    1) Ruling constitutional carry is required, incredible long shot, depends how pissed the five votes are about NYC's "government permission slip to go to the gunsmith" and similar shenanigans.

2) "Text, history and tradition" test, making jurisdictions justify their conduct vs founding documents and how long they've been doing it. Supported by the text of Heller and Kavanaugh agreed with it in Heller II; MD was an OC state until 1972.

3) Strict scrutiny, cutting out the 2A two-step and requiring any infringement be narrowly tailored.

My bet is on #2.

Still is except a wear and carry permit is now required.

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    An interesting, if a little lengthy, article on the three tiers of scrutiny, how they developed, and why they are essentially the antithesis of constitutionality, and how they might be replaced.

I confess to skimming after a while, but it was on the whole very informative. Yet another example of .gov confusing the issues in order to mollify/pander to the progressive movement.

Get rid of tiers, and remove unelected and untouchable Administrative Law Judges, whose job is essentially to define regulations that lawmakers lack the spine to put into the laws they write. That would take us a long way toward returning the reins of govt to the People, under the COTUS.

Thanks for the comment. What you stated was the impression I got while reading it, that this was a way of squirming around issues that those unhappy with the constitution did not want to face.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Thanks for the comment. What you stated was the impression I got while reading it, that this was a way of squirming around issues that those unhappy with the constitution did not want to face.

You're welcome.

BTW, my rant about ALJs was not part of the article, just my tangential opinion.

jcutonilli

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2013
    I don’t recall seeing a case with that many Amici or literally pages of “counsel of record” listings.

from https://www.cocklelegalbriefs.com/blog/supreme-court/increase-of-amici-curiae-supreme-court/

The 2014-2015 term broke records for most amicus briefs filed in a single case (147 in No. 14-556; Obergefell v. Hodges) and the most signatories on a single brief (207,551 signatories calling for full nationwide marriage equality via The People’s Brief filed in Obergefell).

HaveBlue

HaveBlue
    Dec 4, 2014
    Virginia

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    I'm not a lawyer but I too agree that it was a very interesting article to read. I know that I did not understand all the nuances of the article, but I got the gist of it. And I was impressed by all the precedents and references cited by the authors to make their point. Thanks for posting.

Cal68

HoCoShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2009
    Howard County

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    adamc904

Latest threads