• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    Why oh why can't MD have judges understand the Constitution? Link isn't copying. The Delaware Supreme Court has ruled (unanimously I might add) that DNREC regulations on carrying in parks is Unconstitutional.

POP57

Ultimate Member
    Apr 5, 2016
    Delaware
    Yes, we are very happy about this. Vote was 3-2 in favor and one of the judges voting for it was a Democrat. I haven't seen an outcry from anyone yet who would have been against the ruling. I can only hope that there will be some changes in Maryland in the not to distant future. Appropriately, the Delaware ruling was made on Delaware Day...our anniversary when Delaware was the first to ratify the US Constitution in 1787. Huzzah...Huzzah

Here's another link https://www.law.com/delawarelawweek...n-ban-in-state-parks/?slreturn=20171110115234

radnor

Jan 31, 2010
    Delaware
    Yes, we are very happy about this. Vote was 3-2 in favor and one of the judges voting for it was a Democrat. I haven't seen an outcry from anyone yet who would have been against the ruling. I can only hope that there will be some changes in Maryland in the not to distant future. Appropriately, the Delaware ruling was made on Delaware Day...our anniversary when Delaware was the first to ratify the US Constitution in 1787. Huzzah...Huzzah

Here's another link https://www.law.com/delawarelawweek...n-ban-in-state-parks/?slreturn=20171110115234

OMG! Think of the children hiking. There's going to be blood on the paths....[/BS OFF]
    Glad it finally passed.

POP, also a ham. But haven't been active in years. Extra class op.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie

LOL Where in the hell is left in the parks to go?

"The interim regulations prohibit firearms in certain public facilities and designated areas – including park offices, visitor centers, bathhouses, zoos, educational facilities, dormitories, group camping areas, swimming pools, guarded beaches, stadiums and water parks."

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    LOL Where in the hell is left in the parks to go?

"The interim regulations prohibit firearms in certain public facilities and designated areas – including park offices, visitor centers, bathhouses, zoos, educational facilities, dormitories, group camping areas, swimming pools, guarded beaches, stadiums and water parks."

Jiffy Johns

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Are they trying to restrict carry to residents only?

I don't see how any state can do that. I know some states, such as Wyoming, have "resident only" provisions, but that has always seemed flagrantly unconstitutional to me.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    that's my read but IANAL.

If a state recognizes another permit through reciprocity, I don't think another branch can limit that.

Guess we'll see.

Attachments

• Secretarys-Order-No-2017-P-0030.pdf
      411.7 KB · Views: 135

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    It brings up another question, and that is, if the RKBA precludes a total carry ban in the parks, is the new regulation satisfactory or will they be sued again over OC not being allowed?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    www.handgunlaw.us has updated the DE page with the updated emergency rulemaking that allows CCW in these areas with a resident DE permit.

We will have to wait and see what is finally decided.

Non residents should use caution if engaged in CCW, even with reciprocity, in DE Parks.

Attachments

• delaware.pdf
      319.3 KB · Views: 1,128

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom