• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    I have a dilemma. I'm off this weekend so my two options are to go shooting on my land in southern md or go to the gun show and abuse my PA license?

Is this one close to the size of the one in VA?

Unfortunately no. The link above shows the Gettysburg show is scheduled to have 500 tables. The following one shows Dulles has 1300 tables.

https://www.thenationsgunshow.com/

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    lolwut???

(in no particular order) Gettysburg show, Keystone Fireworks, Chubby's BBQ .......

I don't know why, but every time I go to the Gettysburg show, people there are fascinated with the electronic zap of the stun guns being sold there. They are literally being discharged every couple of mins from any one of a dozen tables. Dealers don't seem to mind, since the sound is like a flame to a moth, drawing in those interested in generating high voltage sparks and tiny whiffs of ozone. I think it is just Pennsylvanians fascinated with this new-fangled electricity thing. :D

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    I may go, I sold my old Luger in hopes of finding a better one. So a P08 (WW2 markings) and Sig 238 for her is what I'm looking for. :thumbsup: Depending on if hip feels up to walking or not. :mad54:

There is normally a dealer there in the first isle to the right, on the left side that has a lot of nice older C&R handguns for sale. I have not done any transactions with him, but I have talked to him before and he seams like he will deal.
    I think that I will be there on Sunday.

:)

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    Chubby's BBQ is in Emmitsburg just south of the PA line. As you drive past on Route 15 you can't miss it. I'm not saying Chubby's is the best BBQ in the world as I haven't tried them all but it's certainly up in the top tier. The only other BBQ restaurant in the same league locally is Black Hog BBQ in Frederick.

GOG-MD

Aug 23, 2017
    AA County
    Unfortunately no. The link above shows the Gettysburg show is scheduled to have 500 tables. The following one shows Dulles has 1300 tables.

https://www.thenationsgunshow.com/

Which one would you say tends to offer a better selection of C&R (or for that matter, do either of them offer much in that regard)? I was planning on hitting the range Saturday morning, but I could change plans and head to Gettysburg if there's a good chance of coming home with something nice for a good price.

But it's a long enough drive (roughly an hour and a half to either one) that I'm realistically only going to get to one show or the other.

TargetGrade

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2017
    Pensultucky
    There is normally a dealer there in the first isle to the right, on the left side that has a lot of nice older C&R handguns for sale. I have not done any transactions with him, but I have talked to him before and he seams like he will deal.
    I think that I will be there on Sunday.

:)

Last time I was at York a small table set up had maybe 6 Luger's and nothing else against the wall. I don't remember what he was asking but I do think it was fair.

Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    Chubby's BBQ is in Emmitsburg just south of the PA line. As you drive past on Route 15 you can't miss it. I'm not saying Chubby's is the best BBQ in the world as I haven't tried them all but it's certainly up in the top tier. The only other BBQ restaurant in the same league locally is Black Hog BBQ in Frederick.

I like Blues BBQ better than Black Hog but it’s picnic tables only at Blues.
    http://www.bluesbbqco.com/locations/

I’ll have to try this place just for their pro 2a stance.
    https://yelp.to/qTKq/grot8kaJ9M

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Which one would you say tends to offer a better selection of C&R (or for that matter, do either of them offer much in that regard)? I was planning on hitting the range Saturday morning, but I could change plans and head to Gettysburg if there's a good chance of coming home with something nice for a good price.

But it's a long enough drive (roughly an hour and a half to either one) that I'm realistically only going to get to one show or the other.

If you're going to go to either Dulles or Gettysburg but not both, you'll probably find more of anything you might be looking for at Dulles. Its a much larger show.

The only exception might be if you're looking for some specific and/or rare c&r item, in that case I suggest you ask here and someone may know if you're more likely to find a specific vendor with that item/type of item at either show.

Atrox88

Gold Member
    Jan 7, 2016
    Carroll County
    you'll probably find more of anything you might be looking for at Dulles. Its a much larger show.

I haven't been to Dulles show in years. It was a huge venue. I think what I will try to get to this year is Oaks Guntoberfest in Oaks PA in early October. It's a 1700 table venue and should be packed.

GOG-MD

Aug 23, 2017
    AA County
    If you're going to go to either Dulles or Gettysburg but not both, you'll probably find more of anything you might be looking for at Dulles. Its a much larger show.

The only exception might be if you're looking for some specific and/or rare c&r item, in that case I suggest you ask here and someone may know if you're more likely to find a specific vendor with that item/type of item at either show.

That makes sense. Thanks. I have a few things on my wish list that I'm generally keeping an eye out for (including a Long Branch Lee Enfield No. 4 Mk I, Mosin M91, East German or Bulgarian Makarov, Mauser K98k...).

Lots of "wishes" but a little light on the budget right now. But this way if I see one of any of the things I'm interested in (or some other C&R) at a very good price, I'll probably pick it up and be happy. Given the tight finances, I should really do the responsible thing and wait a couple of months to replenish the ol' bank account first. But if something happens to be priced so low I can't refuse, well... it'd be a shame to just leave it on the table, no? Haha.

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    South Carroll Sporting goods will be at the show and able to handle any transfers for MD residents, stop on by and say Hi

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom