• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • quattroginger

Feb 22, 2013
    pros/cons of any in your experience? i like the spikes and seekings bar. do you find it to be a noticeable difference between the 1.8" and a standard size one while holding?

Weber

USMC
    Oct 12, 2009
    Elkton, MD
    pros/cons of any in your experience? i like the spikes and seekings bar. do you find it to be a noticeable difference between the 1.8" and a standard size one while holding?

I do not like the quad rail, it seems really wide in my hand.

The others are stream lined and feel really comfortable, they are also much lighter.

rdc

Ultimate Member
    Dec 3, 2010
    Middlefingurton
    Weber. Not to derail the thread but Were you the guy running a can on a semiauto .30-06 at the Duffy's shoot last fall? If so what rifle was that?

quattroginger

Feb 22, 2013
    spoke with them yesterday. currently its a month longer wait if you dont select a preexisting model/caliber.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I have a 308 rifle.
    If I"m doing a direct thread design, do I still need a spacer pipe if I don't use a brake?
    What advantage does the brake do inside the suppressor?

Weber

USMC
    Oct 12, 2009
    Elkton, MD
    I have a 308 rifle.
    If I"m doing a direct thread design, do I still need a spacer pipe if I don't use a brake?
    What advantage does the brake do inside the suppressor?

Yes, you still need a blast chamber, but it can be smaller.

The brake extends the life of the suppressor as it helps redirect the gases in the blast chamber, it allows the suppressor to be quickly attached and removed and able to be used in other firearms with a different or the same barrel threads.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    The freeze plugs are a tad too big to fit in the tube.
    I jigged a few up on a bolt and sanded using the drill press. They can push through the tube now but I"m wondering how loose they should be. I have a steel tube so worried about any little bit of corrosion making them hard to remove for cleaning.

Weber

USMC
    Oct 12, 2009
    Elkton, MD
    The freeze plugs are a tad too big to fit in the tube.
    I jigged a few up on a bolt and sanded using the drill press. They can push through the tube now but I"m wondering how loose they should be. I have a steel tube so worried about any little bit of corrosion making them hard to remove for cleaning.

The steel tube is a press/hammer fit tube.

The Ti tube is a slip fit.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Think this is my third or fourth time reading through this entire thread. This is an awesome thread.

If I am reading this right, I can only have one "thread protector" per can. So, my question is what the heck do I do if I want to use the same can on multiple firearms with different threads?

Also have a Sig P220 and P226. Am I correct that I need a special adapter for these threaded barrels?

What about my Sig 1911 TACOPS? Do I need the same special adapter for that?

What about my Sig P250? Cannot even remember if it has a threaded barrel, but that can be remedied one way or another.

Looks like my Beretta PX4 Storm is a no go with the rotating barrel anyway. So, no worries there.

What happens if I own solvent traps and suppressors? Will the "thread protectors" for the solvent traps be considered extra parts for the suppressors?

Time to get some sleep and hope I think through this while sleeping. Lots of questions answered tonight in this thread and elsewhere, and lots more questions created as a result of this thread and elsewhere.

Weber

USMC
    Oct 12, 2009
    Elkton, MD
    There are a couple ways to legally achieve what you want to do.

Most pistols require a booster, you can buy one booster but have multiple Pistons that ft different barrels.

For rifles the easiest way to is use the SDTA or Griffin brake or flash hider. They have a QD that will work for attaching the can and done in different thread patterns for different calibers.

The other thing is to do a D cell tube with an lid adapter. This allows the booster to screw into the can for pistol use, but also accepted B cell thread protectors for direct thread or the brake QD.

md_al

Apr 25, 2014
    Middle River
    There are a couple ways to legally achieve what you want to do.

The other thing is to do a D cell tube with an lid adapter. This allows the booster to screw into the can for pistol use, but also accepted B cell thread protectors for direct thread or the brake QD.

I have 1st hand experience on the LID adapter use.

I use a 45 cal D cell 5.8" Ti suppressor on my 9mm glock 17 using a lone wolf barrel 1/2 x28 threaded barrel. Liberty LID with 1/2 x28 piston.
    I use the same suppressor for my AR pistol for 22 LR CMMG conversion kit use. I unscrew the Liberty LID and attach a Gemtech 1/2 X28 fixed mount.

Works fine for those 2 purposes. I would not use the same can for .223 rounds as per prior discussion with Weber. I'm waiting in the mail for the engraved D cell tube to build a .30 cal can for that purpose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom