• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    So when Ben started posting about this new website I was pretty excited. He and a chosen few pro shooters will offer exclusive video content, plus direct access to him and his trainers for Q&A, video coaching, and match/practice video breakdown/correction.

THEN he posted the pricing schedule.(below) Holy crap it's so damned expensive. I'm hoping he will get lots of feedback about it being too costly and the price will come down. I would only consider joining if the price comes down at least by half.

What do you guys think??

42394558_1606044066166934_6617189695572934656_n.jpg

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    So when Ben started posting about this new website I was pretty excited. He and a chosen few pro shooters will offer exclusive video content, plus direct access to him and his trainers for Q&A, video coaching, and match/practice video breakdown/correction.

THEN he posted the pricing schedule.(below) Holy crap it's so damned expensive. I'm hoping he will get lots of feedback about it being too costly and the price will come down. I would only consider joining if the price comes down at least by half.

What do you guys think??

42394558_1606044066166934_6617189695572934656_n.jpg

I would consider $1,000/year to be a bargain if it really made me a much better shooter. Somehow, I just don't believe that this can be accomplished over the internet. This service should be $20/month max

Racinready300ex

Jun 3, 2009
    I get it, I mean if you're going to have a detailed review of one of your shooting video's by the current world champion, and he's going to do that for you once a week. That's a pretty big deal and is understandably expensive. That said, like BigT I have some sticker shock. I figured it wouldn't be cheap and I do understand why it's not.

I see potential here and I'm still interested. My current thinking is I'll probably do a single month of Silver level. First priority is get that video sent in for review. That's one of the biggest selling points, so I'd want to see how detailed of feed back i get to help make a decision going forward. Then I would spend as many hours as I can watching video and taking notes for the rest of the month. Then probably spend a few months working based on my notes and the feed back from the video. Assuming that goes well, I'd repeat that a few times a year. If I really see a lot of benefit I might consider the Annual Silver.

The Gold seems like to much for me personally. First, it's a lot of $$$. Second I don't know that a weekly review of my shooting would really help me. I don't think my training schedule would allow me to take advantage of that much feedback.

Invicta

Sep 16, 2018
    Eh, I understand the sticker shock but depending on the level of service provided it may not be out of the question. To give a comparison, there are strength/diet coaches that charge 150+ per month for programming and video form checks.

Racinready300ex

Jun 3, 2009
    Eh, I understand the sticker shock but depending on the level of service provided it may not be out of the question. To give a comparison, there are strength/diet coaches that charge 150+ per month for programming and video form checks.

Yeah, it's all probably reasonable really. And with our sport being a small market, then those who actually practice being a even smaller number. The price has to be a little high due to the small volume of potential sales.

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    I get it, I mean if you're going to have a detailed review of one of your shooting video's by the current world champion, and he's going to do that for you once a week. That's a pretty big deal and is understandably expensive. That said, like BigT I have some sticker shock. I figured it wouldn't be cheap and I do understand why it's not.

I see potential here and I'm still interested. My current thinking is I'll probably do a single month of Silver level. First priority is get that video sent in for review. That's one of the biggest selling points, so I'd want to see how detailed of feed back i get to help make a decision going forward. Then I would spend as many hours as I can watching video and taking notes for the rest of the month. Then probably spend a few months working based on my notes and the feed back from the video. Assuming that goes well, I'd repeat that a few times a year. If I really see a lot of benefit I might consider the Annual Silver.

The Gold seems like to much for me personally. First, it's a lot of $$$. Second I don't know that a weekly review of my shooting would really help me. I don't think my training schedule would allow me to take advantage of that much feedback.

Not a bad idea. I'll probably wait to hear your review of the service before I sign on... ;-)

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    Just signed up for a basic membership after hearing a lot of good things. Having just spent a couple hours on the site I think it's well worth it. Ben and Hwansik are really taking it seriously as are the members and there is a huge amount of quality info.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    I don't know what Ben is charging but 3 days with multi-time World Speed Shooting Champ Max Michel (formerly of the USAMU) cost me $750 or $800 I think. And it only covered Steel Challenge not USPSA. Best money I ever spent in shooting by the way.

md123

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    I’m a bronze member and have been on about 3 months.

I keep telling myself that I’ll binge watch a few months, then drop off a few months and so on but I just can’t give it up. Lots of good content.

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    Any further reviews?

I'm still enjoying the site. Staying with the basic membership as I dont think I need them to review my video footage. I can get almost as much out of watching them review other guys footage and applying the concepts to my own practice.

There are some videos of Ben's classes that I really like watching, plus his drill videos are super helpful in understanding how and why to properly approach his drills.

Ben and Hwansik are incredibly responsive and answer any question within 24hrs.

The new content stream has slowed a little but the stuff already on there is worth multiple viewings and study.

Definitely worth it, at least at the basic membership level.

Racinready300ex

Jun 3, 2009
    I'm doing the same as BigT, there is a lot to learn watching video reviews of other shooters, to the point I was watching a video someone posted on Bookface of a national champion and I could see him making the same mistakes. Ben talking through stages at matches he shot and explaining why he did everything the way he did is interesting to listen too. The biggest problem is there is so much on there trying to not only watch it all but retain it all is difficult.

I need to get to a match and film myself shooting so I can look for my mistakes. I know there are plenty of them.

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    I forgot to also mention that so far there is zero, what I'll call, forum BS on the site. No arguing or trolls or silliness. Just serious shooters wanting to get better. That alone is basically a miracle.

Guderian

Mar 31, 2011
    How are you getting the most out of the website? The site is faster now, so that's a plus. But, there are also a lot of posts, not all of which are helpful or necessarily relevant. I feel like they could use more sticky threads or more recap type posts or FAQ type posts. Otherwise, I feel I spend a lot of time reading a ton of threads that, like I said, aren't necessarily helpful or relevant to me. And if you don't visit the site daily, there's even more threads to wade through to try and find relevant info. There also does not appear to be a search function by thread or forum. I guess my point is, I feel the forum could use more organization. But until that happens, looking for tips on how you are all using the site to get the most out of it. Thanks.

Racinready300ex

Jun 3, 2009
    How are you getting the most out of the website? The site is faster now, so that's a plus. But, there are also a lot of posts, not all of which are helpful or necessarily relevant. I feel like they could use more sticky threads or more recap type posts or FAQ type posts. Otherwise, I feel I spend a lot of time reading a ton of threads that, like I said, aren't necessarily helpful or relevant to me. And if you don't visit the site daily, there's even more threads to wade through to try and find relevant info. There also does not appear to be a search function by thread or forum. I guess my point is, I feel the forum could use more organization. But until that happens, looking for tips on how you are all using the site to get the most out of it. Thanks.

What I do it go through each section that has a "new" flag next to it. And see what threads are updated. If it's something I'm not interested in I ignore it. If it seems like a useful question I typically just skim the question and jump to Ben or Hwansik's response. I don't bother much with other members comments, or the members section. That's not why I'm there. Once I've looked at a section I click "mark all as read" and move to the next section. It does take some time.

The I personally try watch the every video review for other members that get's posted. Seems a good way to learn what to watch for in my own video's. Probably one of the most helpful things to do on there IMO.

Once you've decided what you need to work on, then you can go the drills sections and see how you're supposed to be doing it. But, you need to figure out what to work on, or sign up for a higher level and let them tell you what to work on.

It takes a lot of time to go through everything.

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    What I do it go through each section that has a "new" flag next to it. And see what threads are updated. If it's something I'm not interested in I ignore it. If it seems like a useful question I typically just skim the question and jump to Ben or Hwansik's response. I don't bother much with other members comments, or the members section. That's not why I'm there. Once I've looked at a section I click "mark all as read" and move to the next section. It does take some time.

The I personally try watch the every video review for other members that get's posted. Seems a good way to learn what to watch for in my own video's. Probably one of the most helpful things to do on there IMO.

Once you've decided what you need to work on, then you can go the drills sections and see how you're supposed to be doing it. But, you need to figure out what to work on, or sign up for a higher level and let them tell you what to work on.

It takes a lot of time to go through everything.

Yep what he said. I pretty much do the same. The video reviews really are the most valuable content if you know how to use it.

Guderian

Mar 31, 2011
    Thanks guys. Okay, when you only read posts from the instructors, then it's a lot more manageable. Also, I favorited instructor posts in sub-forums where both instructors and members start topics. In the other forums, it's either just the instructors starting the threads, which makes it easy, or the instructor threads are pinned, which makes things easy too. Finally, that class video was golden. Wow. Thank you for all the tips. I feel that I am getting more out of the training group than I was before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom