• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dizzle

Jan 27, 2018
    Wow! This thing is getting rave reviews at a really good price. What is the date of the next Board meeting? I wonder if they have one in yet for review...

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Wow! This thing is getting rave reviews at a really good price. What is the date of the next Board meeting? I wonder if they have one in yet for review...
    I don't see how this gun is currently meaningfully better than a Glock 17 MOS. Maybe a little cheaper, I guess? It does use a chassis system, so maybe in the future IWI will release some modules for it for customization.

357Max

Feb 28, 2019
    Crownsville
    I don't see how this gun is currently meaningfully better than a Glock 17 MOS. Maybe a little cheaper, I guess? It does use a chassis system, so maybe in the future IWI will release some modules for it for customization.

Looks like biggest advantage is fully ambidextrous operating controls: slide stop lever, magazine release.

A better comparison might be to a PPQ M2 with Ambi slide release and reversible mag release. I was at cabellas in El Paso last week drooling over a PPQ SC M2 LE kit with night sights 2 x 10 round mags + 1 x 15 round with grip extension for $499 Damn shame we cant get this here :envy:

I was curious if IWI would be offering with 10 round mags. below was pulled from IWI

"Restricted States:

Each MASADA comes with two standard capacity magazines or two 10 round magazines for consumers who reside in states with magazine capacity restrictions."

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Looks like biggest advantage is fully ambidextrous operating controls: slide stop lever, magazine release.
    The Gen5 MOS has all of those, albeit the mag release is reversible not ambi. Sorta drives me crazy to see all these "serialized fire control" not have proper support with frames, slides, etc. at release... so much wasted potential. Feels like Sig is the only one who got this right, with the P320.

sickpuppyz

your mom sends me care packages
    Jun 14, 2020
    MoCo
    It is better than a glock because it is not a glock. simply put I am a glock hater. kidding aside I am a big fan of anything IWI makes. I am sure at some point IWI will make a compact frame so that you can take advantage of the modularity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom