• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leroygibbs

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2008
    You think $700 for a WASR seem crazy? Stopby thier Rockville store, it is almost $900 before everything:sad20:

$900 for a WASR? Wow, that's like Mickey Mouse's grounds for divorce....

F***ing Goofy!

HardHatMan

FBHO
    Jul 14, 2009
    Virginia
    I bought my first handgun from Atlantic Guns (Rockville), Ruger P90 .45ACP, last year. Good customer service and they know there stuff. I got the Ruger for $300 slightly used. Now I might have to go back and pick up Ruger P95 9MM so I wont have to break the the bank to go shooting :lol2: Would anyone suggest the Glock 19 over the Ruger P95? I own a Glock 23 now, and love both my Ruger and my Glock.

BlueFin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 3, 2007
    Montgomery Village
    I have read reviews about Glocks and I am sure that Glocks are one of the finest in the world. I have a few guns and I tell you, I spend a lot more time enjoying looking at it and fondling it than actually shooting it. The gun has to look good, among others is one of my criteria in buying a gun . IMHO, please Glock owners do not take offense:D I will say it in a nice way the best I can, Glocks design is not pleasing to my eyes. They look like a tool to me. Check out Ed Brown, Sig Sauer, CZs. I am sure you cannot go wrong buying any Glock model.

MikeH

May 9, 2005
    You think $700 for a WASR seem crazy? Stopby thier Rockville store, it is almost $900 before everything:sad20:

Yeah, I saw that too while my wife was buying bread from that new Taiwanese bakery nearby. I should call back to see if they found the jaw I dropped there.

BlueFin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 3, 2007
    Montgomery Village
    Yeah, I saw that too while my wife was buying bread from that new Taiwanese bakery nearby. I should call back to see if they found the jaw I dropped there.

They had about 10 of these WASR about 2 months back for the same price. Now I only see 3 or 4. People are buying this WASR for that price.:sad20:

Meditator

Dec 9, 2007
    Bethesda MD
    Would anyone suggest the Glock 19 over the Ruger P95? I own a Glock 23 now, and love both my Ruger and my Glock.

I have both KP95 and Glock 19 3rd gen. Parts/accessories for G19 are much easier to get including holsters, I don't forsee parts on P95 are going to break anytime soon however. P95can do everything which G19 can- mine has safety and rail, but not as concealable. I got my P95 for $350 w/ two 15 rds mags, and G19 $410 w/ two mags (only a year old and 300 rds fired!).

The deciding factor is resell value- I would consider myself lucky to get $340 back on the like new Ruger. But for Glock, $400-$450 is still reasonable for an used pistol in this condition.

If you have a G23, get a Lone Wolf conversion barrel 40-9, as it will be cheaper than buying a new pistol- unless you want to. I have G19 along w/ a G23 complete slide, so I can shoot both 9mm and 40.

HardHatMan

FBHO
    Jul 14, 2009
    Virginia
    If you have a G23, get a Lone Wolf conversion barrel 40-9, as it will be cheaper than buying a new pistol- unless you want to. I have G19 along w/ a G23 complete slide, so I can shoot both 9mm and 40.

Wow, thats a great idea. I will def have to look into that. Thanks!

Reichy

Apr 6, 2008
    Eastern Shore, MD
    Been dealing with them for 21 years. Knowledgeable, direct & typically priced higher than others. Their sales flyer prices are pretty good, if you're willing to wait for those opportunities.

Grey_Mana

Jul 29, 2008
    MD
    Depending on where you are coming from, The Gun Rack [(301) 384-0607, 15420 Old Columbia Pike, #E, Burtonsville, MD 20866] may be an alternative. They have roughly similar selection and prices. They don't appear to have any internet presence at all.

silver78

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2009
    I have been dealing with Atlantic for almost 30 years. When I bought my first rifle from them they only had one store - the Silver Spring store. When they opened the Rockville store, I stopped going to the Silver Spring store. So I can't say much about the service there. I have nothing against the Silver Spring store - it's just that Rockville is closer to me. However, when I do stop in the Rockville store which happens maybe 3 time a year, they are generally pretty friendly. There have been some times that I they did not say anything to me - but if they are busy with other customers I really don't mind. Most of the time I'm just there to look around anyway. If I want something and I want to talk to someone, they have always been pretty OK.

On their pricing - yes it's generally on the high side. I would guess that their rent in expensive Montgomery County is also on the high side. That's just the way it is and I don't think they plan to change any time soon. So if price is your first consideration you probably should shop somewhere else.

For me it's a queston of value which is more than just price. Price is their weak spot from the customer point of view. Their strengths are location, service and selction. Over the years I have bought most - but certainly not all of my guns from them. One of the things I learned to get the most value from Atlantic is to wait for their fall sale. Then price becomes less of an issue.

Ak44

Sep 15, 2009
    The Silver Spring store is across the street from my favorite bar (Quarry House). I walked in their store once and looked around. Didn't get asked for any help and wasn't too busy. The Rockville store is nice, I bought a REM700LTR from them. They are very helpful and knowledgeable.

wgpklaus

Nov 21, 2008
    Been dealing off and on with Atlantic (Rockville) for the better part of 15-16 years, and I will say one thing, their customer service is excellent, always engaging the customer(s), making sure they're finding whatever it is they're looking for, and they're very friendly to boot. Prices do tend to be high, selection is very good, and as mentioned above, they do have sales from time to time, which do tend to be pretty good deals, but I'll also admit, patience isn't one of my virtues. lol

sigs4me

Sep 19, 2009
    Been dealing off and on with Atlantic (Rockville) for the better part of 15-16 years, and I will say one thing, their customer service is excellent, always engaging the customer(s), making sure they're finding whatever it is they're looking for, and they're very friendly to boot. Prices do tend to be high, selection is very good, and as mentioned above, they do have sales from time to time, which do tend to be pretty good deals, but I'll also admit, patience isn't one of my virtues. lol

I'm not so sure about there service I have been to the Rockville store 3-5 times and no one has even said hello to me. I have never been to the silver spring location but I here the service is better.

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    I've been to both - had excellent service in both, and non-existent service in both. SO: I like 'em. I'm not pushy, I don't want someone pushing me, I'll ask if I want something. For many folks, a gunstore is like a candy shop... you don't realize it, but there's a "Wow" around every corner..and "I want that!" as far as the eye can see. Opportunity abounds...a case full of used guns... I like both locations. I gotta say, though, the gun business workers, owners, etc., correctly need to keep a 2nd eye on all clients. I was at the old Engage and a black guy walked down the steps and the guy behind the counter put a handgun in his back belt (edit) ...I was like wtf? but hell. I woulda been carrying, working in a gunshop.

Guvnor

Drill Press Guru
    Sep 19, 2009
    Ive been to the Rockville spot a couple times, and it was ok, they did have a coupld FALs recently which was neat. About a year ago for some reason I just had to have a Garand. Engage didnt have one so I went to Atlantic in Silver Spring. Anyway, I was not well versed with Garands at the time and picked an import they had up and pulled the action back. Like a dipshit, I didnt know how to close the action on a Garand and I didnt want to push down with my thumb on the internals since I had heard the action would slam. Like I said, I was new to Garands. So I asked the guy behind the counter politely how do I close the action. He looked at me like I was an ignoramus and humphed, walked around the counter and looked at me while he did it. While he demonstated how to do it, the gun shop-tude rubbed me the wrong way. The one is Rockville is neat, good selection, but the prices are just killer. When I saw those FALs I was so excited, but I was let down when I saw the prices. Especially the Para.

sigs4me

Sep 19, 2009
    I've been to both - had excellent service in both, and non-existent service in both. SO: I like 'em. I'm not pushy, I don't want someone pushing me, I'll ask if I want something. For many folks, a gunstore is like a candy shop... you don't realize it, but there's a "Wow" around every corner..and "I want that!" as far as the eye can see. Opportunity abounds...a case full of used guns... I like both locations. I gotta say, though, the gun business workers, owners, etc., correctly need to keep a 2nd eye on all clients. I was at the old Engage and a black guy walked down the steps and the guy behind the counter put a handgun in his back belt (edit) ...I was like wtf? but hell. I woulda been carrying, working in a gunshop.

Ya thats one reason why the old engage (Potomac Trading Post ) is no longer a dealer.

Guvnor

Drill Press Guru
    Sep 19, 2009

hahaha thats classic.

TurboHeloDriver

Constitutional Patriot
    Sep 23, 2009
    Waynesboro, VA
    Was going to take a ride up their and take a look around, I understand from a friend they have a large selection of rifles. Has anyone dealt with them, how are their prices. Looking for a CZ 453. Thanks

Call Alan Rolinec at The Gun Rack in Burtonsville. He carries alot of CZ stuff, and might have what you want. His prices are also very reasonable.

Dino

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2006
    Beltsville, Md.
    +1 for the Gun Rack in Burtonsville.

Atlantic Guns in Silver Spring isn't very friendly to new customers.
    I've only been there a few times, but each time I was there, the guys on the counter blatenly ignored me while they socialized with their pals who had just dropped in to bull$hit.

Their prices are also higher accross the board.
    Occassionally, a store is able to compensate charging higher prices with outstanding customer service.
    Not the case with Atlantic Guns. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom