• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CMOS

One ragged donut hole
    Nov 13, 2009
    MoCo
    If you are an FFL, in Maryland, is that a factor in applying for Maryland CCW? It would seem that the transport and transfer of firearms would be sufficiently good and substantial reason. Curious to know if anyone has seen any action on that position?

campns

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2013
    Germantown, MD
    I would wager a Rodger that this business activity would allow your coveted G&S reason for your CCW, with restrictions of course.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    If you always carry a gun that's owned by the business (in your bound book, if they're still actually called that) your restriction could read that the permit is only valid when you're carrying a gun
    I am aware. Pretty ridiculous ain't it?

nmyers

Jul 9, 2016
    I would be surprised.

Things change with the administration at the Handgun Licensing Section, but, going in public with valuable items has not usually been considered a substantial reason. If so, you could claim that guarding the expensive jewelry your wife wears is justification for a CCW. If you are a street corner marijuana dealer, well, that could make it legal for you to pack heat.

I believe that they are looking for proof that you carry cash, & they will want proof of large cash deposits in your bank. I don't ask dealers what percent of their payments are cash, & how much are check or charge. But, it's your $200, give it a try.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I would be surprised.

Things change with the administration at the Handgun Licensing Section, but, going in public with valuable items has not usually been considered a substantial reason. If so, you could claim that guarding the expensive jewelry your wife wears is justification for a CCW. If you are a street corner marijuana dealer, well, that could make it legal for you to pack heat.

I believe that they are looking for proof that you carry cash, & they will want proof of large cash deposits in your bank. I don't ask dealers what percent of their payments are cash, & how much are check or charge. But, it's your $200, give it a try.

Please, if you don't know of which you speak don't pass it off here as fact. People are coming to get informed opinions on the possibility of getting a permit and this perpetuation of urban myth does not help.

GoldGunsGirls

May 30, 2012
    Rockville

You are completely wrong. There is no requirement for cash deposits at all. Only deposits. Cash is irrelevant to a Wear and Carry application. Only that you own a business and can show a history of deposits proving that you are a business owner.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    I would be surprised.

Please, if you don't know of which you speak don't pass it off here as fact. People are coming to get informed opinions on the possibility of getting a permit and this perpetuation of urban myth does not help.

What Stoveman said. Literally every single piece of advice in that post is wrong.

Magnumst

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2013
    You are completely wrong. There is no requirement for cash deposits at all. Only deposits. Cash is irrelevant to a Wear and Carry application. Only that you own a business and can show a history of deposits proving that you are a business owner.

This is also incorrect. Banking is still in the MSP's SOP but is no longer a requirement although it may help but is no longer a requirement.

campns

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2013
    Germantown, MD
    If you always carry a gun that's owned by the business (in your bound book, if they're still actually called that) your restriction could read that the permit is only valid when you're carrying a gun

I know of atleast one FFL holder that their restrictions were written in a way that as long as they had their shop keys they could carry... well they kept their keys on their person and a glock at all times.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013

:thumbsup: Exactly Stoveman. The OP will likely get a permit issued and have a very good chance of having any MSP derived restrictions removed via an appeal to the Board.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013

Then why did I and others I've spoken with get grilled on the interview about CASH deposits or handling of cash. The inference wasn't subtle that cash is an element.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon

Yep, I know an FFL who actually has that on his restrictions.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    I think I'd actually be ok with a permit that said that my permit to carry a gun is only valid when I am carrying a gun.

:P

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    My business partner, who is not covered by LEOSA as I am had to get a MD permit. It was granted without any problem, but it is restricted to "To and from work and while doing business for the company," (or wording substantially like that.)

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    My business partner, who is not covered by LEOSA as I am had to get a MD permit. It was granted without any problem, but it is restricted to "To and from work and while doing business for the company," (or wording substantially like that.)
    He would easily be able to get it modified now. Modifications request cost $10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom