What single stack 9mm would compete with H&K P7?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scribe556

Apr 3, 2009
    Just got back from the range with my new to me P7 and I was blown away by its performance and feel in the hand.

I'm conflicted with it because it's a over $1k pistol that I have a hard time justifying keeping, but damn it shoots well! Trigger is phenomenal. Low bore axis and such a soft shooter for its size. But that squeeze cocker mechanism is a weird thing to try and get used to....

It does a group at 7 yards that I can do with my full size Beretta 92 or my CZ SP01.
    b52216d0314853a3a3652098835348cc.jpg

Question is, any of you shot the P7 and know of any really good replacements for it?

I've shot the Walther PPS and it shoots like a laser but the trigger is meh.... My Glocks are better.

Shot the Shield too and it's pretty good. Shield with a Vortex trigger?

Anything else I'm overlooking that I need to do a comparison with?

Ruger LC9s pro? Glock 43?

Thanks for any suggestions...

POP57

Ultimate Member
    Apr 5, 2016
    Delaware
    I was going to suggest the SIG P239, but it's still a tad over $800 as far as I can tell. DA/SA with decocker

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    If your interested in parting with it, please let me know I'm very interested in a P7

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Smith 3913. Great single stack 9mm. Very accurate, reliable, and nice and slim. I carried one for years. OOP now but plenty used out there in the 350-400 range. Heck, now that you made me think of it I might be shopping for one on gunnroker tonight. Damnit. :)

I own and carry an LC9. In my opinion it's a drop two rounds and GTFO, save your ass gun. It's good for what it is supposed to be, but does not compare to the larger pistols in term of capability. Taurus Millenium G2 is also a phenomenal pistol, irregardless of it's low cost. I have one in .40 and have shot the piss out of it with not one malfunction and dead nuts accuracy.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Have you tried the PPS M2 (vs original PPS in your OP)? It shoots like that, has a PPQ like trigger (slightly greater pull weight), and is often less than $400 online.

A $300 Bulgarian Makarov (of which unused ones are available) in 9mm Makarov is also very accurate (as is the P-64).

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

scribe556

Apr 3, 2009
    Zoo and Fidelity,

The 3913 I'll look into.. The M2 sounds like a great contender too. Will have to give both of these a look...

mikebalt

Nov 4, 2014
    Catonsville, MD
    Honor defense is a new company and makes a great gun - I shot one in a range in another state and loved it.

google them and you can see their offerings... problem is it is not on the roster yet in maryland so not available here, yet

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Ok, let me make sure I have this straight :

You already own a paid for P7, you like it fine, and shoot it great. Now you want to sell it, buy somthing else same general size, in order to cash out a couple hundred. ?

Unless you are that strapped to put food on the table and roof over your head, keep the P7 .

scribe556

Apr 3, 2009
    Bigfoot..

It's mostly the squeeze cocking mechanism that I'm not sure about. Under stress I'm not sure I'd remember to go the whole hand squeeze. I missed it on my first mag.

But not strapped. I bought it on a whim a few months ago and am wondering what model would give me the same qualities that's less $ and have a more traditional safety mechanism.

pop-gunner

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2008
    Smith 3913. Great single stack 9mm. Very accurate, reliable, and nice and slim. I carried one for years. OOP now but plenty used out there in the 350-400 range. Heck, now that you made me think of it I might be shopping for one on gunnroker tonight. Damnit. :)

I own and carry an LC9. In my opinion it's a drop two rounds and GTFO, save your ass gun. It's good for what it is supposed to be, but does not compare to the larger pistols in term of capability. Taurus Millenium G2 is also a phenomenal pistol, irregardless of it's low cost. I have one in .40 and have shot the piss out of it with not one malfunction and dead nuts accuracy.

3913 is a great pistol to carry, and more accurate than it should be... I now have 3 of them in the safe because... Well because they were there and they are great.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Thing is the P7 is such a unique animal, nothing really compares directly. The gas delayed blowback operation gives it a super low bore axis and compact slide with an odd light, but quick recoil feel. The size is odd, you have a mid-sized full fingered grip, with a comparatively tiny slide. The squeeze cocking gives it a short/light Single action trigger, and the fixed barrel with excellent polygonal rifling dimensions makes it a tack driver. Only downsides are the weight, unfamiliarity with the squeeze cocking mechanism, and small euro trigger guard mounted, or heel mounted mag release. It is still every bit as good as any modern compact single stack design, but the G43, XDS, Shield are much lighter, and a bit more compact, even some doublestacks are smaller and lighter with greater capacity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom