• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teawhy

Mar 24, 2017
    Southern Maryland
    Hello all - I've been in MD for almost two years now, but only learned about MDS last month! Tons of great information, so thank you for creating and maintaining such an awesome message board!

I'm sure I'll have a lot more questions in the future, but here's the first:

Should I have any concerns regarding my AR and pistol that I purchased in my previous state of residence (PA: pistol in '09, AR in '13)?

I.e. any issues/responsibilities with regard to possession, registration, or licenses?

I think I'm okay because the AR was purchased prior to OCT '13 and high capacity mags not purchased in MD. However, am I required to get a HQL for my previously owned pistol? And registration of firearms is voluntary, right?

Thanks for the info, and look forward to future discussions!

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    AR purchase before 10/01/13 , and you're good.

HQL is only needed for non-exempt person to purchase non-exempt pistol, not required for what you already own.

But, if you moved to Md after 10/01/13 , you need to register your handgun(s) , and non-HBAR AR-15 with MSP within 90 (?) days of establishing residency.

Oh, and welcome. Stand by for the usual helpful links, and important invitations.

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    [FONT=&quot]Welcome from Dundalk!
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT] Take a look at these [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]helpful[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] links – LOTS of [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]amazing[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] info!

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]FORUM RULES[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]P[/FONT]lease consider donating to help [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Fight Maryland's HQ[FONT=&quot]L[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

SB 281:
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]A detailed summary for non-lawyers[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Legal Defense Thread[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Range Etiquette and Staying Safe[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Admin News and Announcements[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Gun Rights and Legislation[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Industry Partners[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]MD Shooters Firearms Map[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Acronym list[/FONT][/FONT]

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• msi_welcome.jpg
      msi_welcome.jpg
      30.2 KB · Views: 66

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Welcome to MDS. I'm not sure if I can honestly say the same applies to MD because of our quirky firearm regulations compared to PA's! :-)

Cal68

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom