• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    other models with plugs

The end cap and the end of the insert need to be drilled. Boss bought one and had it at work.

that site has the models with the plugs that need drilled, as well

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    You know, I have an approved form 1 for a suppressor that I haven't built yet. It would be funny to order this only for the ATF to come visit and see that I have the approved form 1 in hand.

It's all fun and games until the family dog....

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I like how for type E they tell you "0.405" Diameter holes of the internal baffles"

so it wont work for 45 caliber oil. :lol2:

My guess is, they don't want you using oil any thicker than 10mm...

:lol:

robmints

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2011
    I like how for type E they tell you "0.405" Diameter holes of the internal baffles"

so it wont work for 45 caliber oil. :lol2:

I weld a piece of 3/8 to the end of 15/32 drill, make a drill as long as you need.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    You know, I have an approved form 1 for a suppressor that I haven't built yet. It would be funny to order this only for the ATF to come visit and see that I have the approved form 1 in hand.

Less funny if your form 1 doesn’t match what you ordered.

One thing to point out, a solvent trap can be considered suppressor parts even if it hasn’t been drilled through. There is case law about the ATF slapping down manufacturers of solvent traps and individuals for possession of unmodified solvent traps.

Constructive possession of an NFA item. The safest method is figure out what you are ordering. Then apply for a form 1. And THEN order your solvent trap and machine it in to the final silencer that matches your form 1.

Likelihood of getting caught and then prosecuted is extremely low I am sure. But the ATF has gone after a few guys for doing it out of order.

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    Thing is the form1 is for the individual to manufacture.

Not for the individual to purchase a suppressor.

If the ATF considers the wish fuel filter to be a suppressor already, the individual purchased a suppressor; that’s not what the form1 is for.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Less funny if your form 1 doesn’t match what you ordered.

1. One thing to point out, a solvent trap can be considered suppressor parts even if it hasn’t been drilled through. There is case law about the ATF slapping down manufacturers of solvent traps and individuals for possession of unmodified solvent traps.

2. Constructive possession of an NFA item. The safest method is figure out what you are ordering. Then apply for a form 1. And THEN order your solvent trap and machine it in to the final silencer that matches your form 1.

3. Likelihood of getting caught and then prosecuted is extremely low I am sure. But the ATF has gone after a few guys for doing it out of order.

1. What you think is case law in fact is not. Those companies were either running on the ragged edge of being legal, or they had a FFL and were making solvent traps, therefore in the eyes of the ATF, they were making suppressors and selling them without having customers do a Form 4 transfer.

2. Constructive possession is so overused it is ridiculous. You don't have to know what you are going to order, then go submit the Form 1. 99% of the people out there that do a Form 1 will have the trap in hand, before submitting the Form 1, so they can actually have the correct length to put down on the Form 1. What you are saying is contradictory, because you have to have the OAL for the Form 1, but you really can't get that measurement, unless it is physically in front of you.

3. You have a cite for that statement? Especially since it contradicts itself. You can't say that "The likelihood is low, I'm sure", then in the next sentence say that the ATF has gone after people for doing it out of order. Which one is it? There is a low to no chance of getting caught or the ATF routinely goes after people for doing it "out of order"?

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Thing is the form1 is for the individual to manufacture.

Not for the individual to purchase a suppressor.

If the ATF considers the wish fuel filter to be a suppressor already, the individual purchased a suppressor; that’s not what the form1 is for.

It isn't a suppressor. The tube will not stay on the brake, unless that one end cap is installed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom