• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sewer Rat

Ultimate Member
    OK,

Have built two form1s, but looking to expand the collection..

A good buddy of mine, his son-in-law is a dealer for firearms n suppressors... he gets great deals on his... But he was telling me that there are lots of online deals, used suppressors.... But that brings me to another problem... how does one go about buying a used one? Would the receiving dealer hold onto it for however long for the feds to approve the stamp... How the hell would that process work?? And where else beside gb would one go?

Honestly, I think it would be easier to go through silencershop... but am asking you who are more wise then I :)

Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    If he is a dealer, he can transfer it on a Form 3 to another class 3 dealer. The dealer you have it sent to will do the transfer and hold on to it until it clears. It would be anywhere from $50 to $200 just for the transfer, not including the stamp.
    If you by it from an individual out of state, I believe he has to transfer it to your dealer on a form 4, complete with $200 stamp. Then the dealer you buy it from will charge you as well as another stamp ($200) for the transfer to you.
    I think that is how it works. So that is 2 stamps and 2 waiting periods. You will see it inside of 2 years.
    Someone will be along shortly to correct me.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    The way that suppressor technology has changed, I'm not sure I'd be interested in a used can. That being said, you can pick up some dealer samples at very good prices. Sundazes has the process right...which is why you do not want to buy a suppressor currently on a Form 4 unless the deal is truly outstanding. You've looking at $400 in taxes, before you buy the can.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Where exactly are these online deals for used suppressors?

The big problem with used suppressors is finding the right mounts and adapters. If its a direct thread, thats not a problem. But if its a 5 year old one, you may not be able to find a mount or piston.

Sewer Rat

Ultimate Member
    Yeah, I did some more digging into it last night.... Thankfully I didn't purchase any after several mezcal drinks :) Going to save my pennies (with son wanting to go to PSU main campus, it may be a long time LOL) and keep with the form1s... Thanks

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    The way that suppressor technology has changed, I'm not sure I'd be interested in a used can. That being said, you can pick up some dealer samples at very good prices. Sundazes has the process right...which is why you do not want to buy a suppressor currently on a Form 4 unless the deal is truly outstanding. You've looking at $400 in taxes, before you buy the can.

Unless you both reside in the same state and then it's only $200 going directly between you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom