• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Can you mail a SBS to an out of state gunsmith?

any paperwork required?

you can send it out of state. As with all NFA stuff you need to have your paperwork in order.

I sent an SBR out of state a while ago so i can certainly look through all of my notes to refresh my memory on what it took to send it out unless someone else comes along with the info you need.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    you're supposed to do a 5320.20 to take the fun guns out of state; i just did this for my first & only sbr so i could do some matches across state lines. not sure what if anything is needed to ship it to a ffl.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    I've only sent NFA items to FFL/SOT's for repair or service. Mainly 07s. So make sure that the gunsmith that you want to use can receive and log in an NFA weapon.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    In THEORY, you are supposed to be the one who actually does the cut on your gun to make it a shortie if you filed a form 1, since you are the manufacturer.

In reality, no one cares.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    you're supposed to do a 5320.20 to take the fun guns out of state; i just did this for my first & only sbr so i could do some matches across state lines. not sure what if anything is needed to ship it to a ffl.

That is correct. There is also some sort of a letter (i forget what its called) that you have to send along with the gun too. I have a template that i can send the OP once I dig it out of my computer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom