• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fl1p

May 25, 2020
    I’m thinking of trying to SBR my MP) clone and looking to see if there are any stocks that would help get it over the stupid 29 inch rule. I was thinking about the new magpul adapter that allows buffer tubes and AR stocks to be added to see if I can push it over the length limit. Anybody form 1 an mp5 here? Any suggestions for a stock?

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Search, there is a whole thread on this.
    All-time classic thread, too, IMHO:
    https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=180811

Word of warning: there were some "solutions" in that thread that I don't think would stand up in court[1]. Long story made short, you can't really do it on a classical MP5 SBR. You need a longer barrel, or you need to pin and weld a muzzle device on it.

[1] Nothing is going to top the "PS90s are legal because my FFL lied on the form and called it a pistol" thread, though.

Fl1p

May 25, 2020
    Appreciate the guidance. I especially appreciate the link. I’ll be honest, I don’t think the search function likes my phone, but I’ll keep trying on the future. Thanks.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    All-time classic thread, too, IMHO:
    https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=180811

Word of warning: there were some "solutions" in that thread that I don't think would stand up in court[1]. Long story made short, you can't really do it on a classical MP5 SBR. You need a longer barrel, or you need to pin and weld a muzzle device on it.

[1] Nothing is going to top the "PS90s are legal because my FFL lied on the form and called it a pistol" thread, though.

You can get stock extensions for the PS90 that makes it over 29" :)

rayrevolver

Jul 26, 2012
    I’m thinking of trying to SBR my MP) clone and looking to see if there are any stocks that would help get it over the stupid 29 inch rule. I was thinking about the new magpul adapter that allows buffer tubes and AR stocks to be added to see if I can push it over the length limit. Anybody form 1 an mp5 here? Any suggestions for a stock?

I gave up on the SBR thing for MP5s. Use the new-ish PDW brace, see pic below.

The folding brace LOP was too long for me. On the MP5K that same folding brace was perfect. This "HKPDW" brace actually has 2 positions and the long position is perfect for me.

LOP for HKPDW Brace (per a member at HKPro):
    Fully Extended: 12 5/8” / 32cm
    Halfway Extended: 11 1/4” / 28.5cm

I measured the SB Tactical Folding brace at 13.75" for LOP.

Don't pay $260 for these. You can find them new for $190-ish.
    opplanet-sb-tactical-hkpdw-hk-brace-for-hk-mp5-hk53-mp5k-main.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom