• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Here's something that you don't see very of often. A transferrable Mauser Model 712 machine pistol. 7.63 mm. Basically a select fire C96 broomhandle Mauser. Dealer samples are not too hard to find, but transferrables are VERY rare. This transferred to me as a C&R. The stock/holster is an original, stamped by the Mauser factory. It uses 10 & 20 rd mags. Also includes all of the original leather straps. Fires at about 900 RPM. The gun has a very interesting history. It was taken from a Mexican national hit man in 1961 by a Texas Sheriff. That Sheriff arrested the hit man and later registered the gun into the NFA Registry with the help of a local ATF Agent. I have the signed and notarized affidavits from both of them on the provenance of the gun.

Thats awesome. Is ammo commonly Available for that caliber?

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Here's something that you don't see very of often. A transferrable Mauser Model 712 machine pistol. 7.63 mm. Basically a select fire C96 broomhandle Mauser. Dealer samples are not too hard to find, but transferrables are VERY rare. This transferred to me as a C&R. The stock/holster is an original, stamped by the Mauser factory. It uses 10 & 20 rd mags. Also includes all of the original leather straps. Fires at about 900 RPM. The gun has a very interesting history. It was taken from a Mexican national hit man in 1961 by a Texas Sheriff. That Sheriff arrested the hit man and later registered the gun into the NFA Registry with the help of a local ATF Agent. I have the signed and notarized affidavits from both of them on the provenance of the gun.

That is just awesome :party29:

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region

I didn't have any problem finding current 7.63x25mm Mauser ammo. Plus I had some from when I bought a C96 about 30 years ago.

It is basically the same size as 7.62x25mm Tokarev. But the Tok ammo is hotter and not to used in the Mauser. I have a stock of both, so I'll be very careful to keep those 2 calibers separate.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

That is a beautiful gun with a cool history.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    That is awesome! The story alone is badass. Watched a guy shoot one of those at a MG demo at a gun show in Havre De Grace years ago. He had a jam and in clearing the jam, got the web of his left hand stuck in the action. Bled all over the range!

Beyond cool, this trends toward Absolute Zero!

That is just awesome :party29:

That is a beautiful gun with a cool history.

Thanks! I ran a few mags through it in the bullet trap today. It runs fast and puts out some nice little fireballs! I'm looking forward to trying it out on the range soon!

lilgibby

"man gotta have a code."
    Sep 17, 2011
    Elkton
    Need a quick answer. If I buy a 10.3 upper with a surefire 3 prong pistol if I wanted to sbr it would I meet the 29 in oal length requirements? Or is 10.5 really the only way? If I added the A5 system would that make a difference? Thanks.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Need a quick answer. If I buy a 10.3 upper with a surefire 3 prong pistol if I wanted to sbr it would I meet the 29 in oal length requirements? Or is 10.5 really the only way? If I added the A5 system would that make a difference? Thanks.

If you get the Magpul ACL-S stock that has a 14.9" LOP, you might be able to eek out 29" for an OAL.

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville

I have a DDM4V7P that I just SBR'd. It's a 10.3

I reach 29.25 with standard buffer and unpinned flash hider when i use the B5 Bravo stock.

All of my other carbine stocks fall a quarter inch short. The B5 detent is a hair further back which brings out the length of pull just enough. Or you can pin and weld and you are safely past 29 OAL with any stock.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    I have a DDM4V7P that I just SBR'd. It's a 10.3

I reach 29.25 with standard buffer and unpinned flash hider when i use the B5 Bravo stock.

All of my other carbine stocks fall a quarter inch short. The B5 detent is a hair further back which brings out the length of pull just enough. Or you can pin and weld and you are safely past 29 OAL with any stock.

So let me get this straight. For an sbr, you measure with the stock, for a pistol the brsce doesnt count.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Check cashed 26 June 2019
    Form 4 signed 26 June 2020
    Form 4 at dealer (and picked up) 30 July 2020

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    Another stamp arrived today! I've been wanting one of these for years. M3 Grease Gun made by the Guidelamp division of General Motors. Just something about that slow "chugging" rate of fire. About 400 RPM. This one was made in 1943/1944.

Attachments

• GG1.jpg
      GG1.jpg
      62.3 KB · Views: 540
    • GG2.jpg
      GG2.jpg
      62.1 KB · Views: 537

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    Another stamp arrived today! I've been wanting one of these for years. M3 Grease Gun made by the Guidelamp division of General Motors. Just something about that slow "chugging" rate of fire. About 400 RPM. This one was made in 1943/1944.

So, you gonna bring that baby out on Sunday????? :):):)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom