Sig 365 and 365XL Magazine Compatibility?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I got a 365 when they first came out and loved it and picked up the XL last December. If I only had to have one I would go with the XL. Still small enough to easily conceal but with the 15 rd mag you've got a smaller, slimmer Glock 19.

Or, get the 365 and just use 15 round mags.

You have the choice of 10 rounds and much smaller, or 15 rounds with the extra grip length.

:D

ralph.mclean

GOC (Grumpy Old Cop)
    Jan 27, 2018
    Edgewater, MD
    I bought my P365 to carry every day. I have a Fobbus paddle holster for it, but 99% of the time I carry it in a Vedder Pocket Locker, with the 10-round flush-fit mag. It fits better in my pocket that way. And I carry one of my 12 round mags as a spare...

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Or, get the 365 and just use 15 round mags.

You have the choice of 10 rounds and much smaller, or 15 rounds with the extra grip length.

:D

The XL also comes with a straight trigger which I like a teensy bit more than the curved one on the 365. Both good, just one is a little mo betta.

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    How graceful was the trigger swap process?

I did it on mine. Its not simple, you have to almost disassemble the whole assembly but there are some good videos out there showing the process and it's doable by anyone mechanically inclined.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I picked it up a while ago...before the MSP computer crash ;), but hadn't gotten around to showing it off. I made a run into Free America while I was "cooling off," so I had a variety of magazines waiting for it. I ran out in the woods and shot it a little, mostly to function test and make sure it was on paper. I just took a blank sheet of paper for a target and was about 7ish yds away. Not looking for anything to brag about, just wanted to make sure it worked. Surprise surprise! The first three holes were just about touching:shocked3:...and really close to the center of the paper where I was aiming :eek: In fact, I had to squint really hard to see the second shot and for a brief moment had the heartsinking feeling "wtf, it's not even on the paper?!?!?" I tried a few more rounds of varying makes out of other mags and put them in more or less little groups in the corners. The last shots were six of my coveted HST, to make sure it would feed them. Of course, that was the biggest group of all, and about what I was expecting from me with a little gun :rolleye12 I mean, they were all on paper. You could tell where I was aiming them and it would have been absolutely devastating to a threat's center mass...But, damnit! I wanted the gooder bullets to shoot the goodest! :tantrum:

The 12 round magazines definitely hit the sweet spot in my hand (I think the cool kids would refer to that as "****," or, "The ****").
    365 12.jpeg
    Of course, that makes the grip the size of the XL...and goes back to my dilemna of whether I want to go XL and forget that my 10 round mags exist. Certainly, the prudent choice is to buy the XL...obviously:innocent0 For now, I think I want to force myself to learn to handle it with the smaller grip.

The problem I usually have with small gripped guns is holding onto them. I constantly fiddle with my grip because they feel like they are squirting up in my hand, like trying to hold onto a wet bar of soap. The Sig with 12round magazines does not feel like this at all, which is good. I am uneasy about making up the grip length with the magazine because it is a crutch that goes away during mag changes.
    A great example of this is my M&P Shield. I can hold it just fine with the "extended" 8 round (:lol2:) magazine in it. With the smaller flush fit mag (or with no mag...like during mag changes), it becomes a slippery bar of soap. The Sig, I guess because it is balanced better, or just different ergonomics, has just a little bit of this during mag changes, but not nearly as much as the Shield (which now looks huuuge by comparison).

The 10 rounder is quite doable, but it is juuussst not quite The ****.
    365 10.jpeg

The 15 is just ridonkulous. :innocent0
    365 15.jpeg
    It feels like a full sized gun. I don't have much opportunity to carry it, but I still want to kind of treat it like a carry gun. That grip makes it acually a hair taller (from floorplate to top of rear sight) than a G19, and kind of defeats some of the carryness. I definitely like the carry suggestion of 12 (or 10) in it with 15 as the spare.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Anyone purchase the 10rd mag for the XL?

I haven't been able to find such a thing. I'm sure it exists (and is probably a blocked 12 rounder), because Sig lists an XL version that has 10 round mags...but I've never seen the mag for sale.

I've been collecting 15's and 12's (I like the 12's better) because I put my 365 in an XL grip frame...even though I thought I said I wouldn't:o

IX-3

Aug 21, 2018
    Eastern Shore, MD
    I haven't been able to find such a thing. I'm sure it exists (and is probably a blocked 12 rounder), because Sig lists an XL version that has 10 round mags...but I've never seen the mag for sale.

I've been collecting 15's and 12's (I like the 12's better) because I put my 365 in an XL grip frame...even though I thought I said I wouldn't:o

Osage County Guns has them listed on their site but out of stock. They’re dimpled 12 round magazines with a flat base pad.

DdotC

Jul 18, 2020
    How are you using 15 and 12 rd mags in MD? The law is confusing to me, just looking for clarity

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    How are you using 15 and 12 rd mags in MD? The law is confusing to me, just looking for clarity

Perfectly legal to buy in Pennsylvania (or other neighboring states...PA is closer to me) and posess in MD. You just cannot sell, trade, transfer, offer to sell, or manufacture them here.

For now. The Dems in Annapolis would love to ban posession as well. They made a half hearted attempt 2 years ago that failed, but they'll soon be back, and in greater numbers.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Osage County Guns has them listed on their site but out of stock. They’re dimpled 12 round magazines with a flat base pad.

Bookmarked. Thank you. If they are in stock again, I'll probably order a couple for the convenience of them coming to me. 10 rnds is fine for IDPA ;)

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    I have both...lucky me.

I prefer the 365 to the XL.

Simple reason, my grip routinely causes the mag release on the XL to engage.

I like the flat trigger on the XL but the grip issue is overwhelmingly a driver.

I use the extended (12) mag on the 365 and it runs like a top for me.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    If anyone needs assistance with mags let me know. Ill be up in Maryland the end of the month and will gladly meet in VA on my way up.

OMCHamlin

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    May 17, 2017
    The Cumberland Plateau
    Here's a picture of my XL slide on a regular 365 frame. I bought the assembled slide assembly by itself. Was originally going to buy an XL grip frame but I really don't see the point of it aside from a beavertail which doesn't make much sense on a carry piece.

151262.jpeg

I don't think that's actually the pic you thought you were posting, but that's okay, it did give the rest of us some insight just the same...:lol::rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom