• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    Always wondered,but how many other females are on here besides me..??Just curious..

It's kind of an unofficial boys club here. I try to keep it in mind that anyone can read my posts, but I'm often "pulled in".

There should be a woman's section and I don't think it would be hard for the mods to institute. Give a comment in the Comments and Suggestion section and see where it goes.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010

Attachments

• Katie Pavlich books.JPG
      Katie Pavlich books.JPG
      27.3 KB · Views: 177

No_comment

Oct 19, 2013
    It's kind of an unofficial boys club here. I try to keep it in mind that anyone can read my posts, but I'm often "pulled in".

There should be a woman's section and I don't think it would be hard for the mods to institute. Give a comment in the Comments and Suggestion section and see where it goes.
    I think that's been suggested before but the mods aren't interested.

There are a few women on the board, but I can see how the "boy's club" atmosphere might make it tough.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Biggfootette isn't on the the board here , but does participate in 2A and PP events . And has NR Permit and a .357magnum .

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Thanks!

I showed this video to my wife, and she was turned off by the "it's a non-partisan issue" stance, contrasted with the "liberal" and "progressive" callouts. I agree, it would have been more effective to leave those words out and just talk about it as a women's rights issue.

Perception is reality I guess, although Pavilch's point was that the 'left' thinks that they own women's issues across the board, even though the civil right of self-defense transcends gender. I think that was her meaning of 'non-partisan', and she's correct in stating it that way while calling out those who claim otherwise ... liberal and progressive alike.

No_comment

Oct 19, 2013
    Perception is reality I guess, although Pavilch's point was that the 'left' thinks that they own women's issues across the board, even though the civil right of self-defense transcends gender. I think that was her meaning of 'non-partisan', and she's correct in stating it that way while calling out those who claim otherwise ... liberal and progressive alike.
    I agree that the left isn't being consistent here. If Pavilch had said that explicitly, that would have been one thing. But once a speaker says it should be a non-partisan issue, I think that they should either avoid calling out one side or the other, or call them out equally.

I also agree that self-defense transcends gender, but the basics of biology mean that most men can physically overwhelm most women. Unless those women have guns.

Many years ago when I was driving home from college for that blessed Thanksgiving retreat from studying, I picked up a couple of female hitchhikers. My dad told that was a stupid thing to do, but I replied that, hey, I'm a guy so I wasn't worried. My dad the war vet replied "a gun is a hell of an equalizer".

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom