• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

556ready

Mar 5, 2012
    AAco
    Just called sales person on the phone said none in stock and no ETA on arrival...

pop-gunner

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2008
    Learned today that truck has not been hi-jacked.
    Unfortunately however I do not know exactly when the firearms will arrive.
    I will update just as soon as I can with that information.
    All I can suggest right now is for whoever calls in and asks the hunting associate if they are in update this post with the answer.
    Trucks are unpacked before the store is open so it is not necessary for multiple calls throughout the day.
    All of these calls have to be answered by someone which means they are answering the same question repeatedly and being taken away from those of you there in the store in need of service.
    I gotta admit with hindsight being what it is if given the chance to do it all again I would keep my mouth shut.
    99% of you have been just wonderful keeping tabs on what's going , updating this thread, and being civil,but that last 1% has caused me to take some heat from the upper echelon at our store.
    Somethings for everyone to keep in mind.
    I work there and am trying to help mdshooters, and the entire MD shooting community out by keeping you all abreast of what we have in stock.
    I am not the spokesman for the company but simply someone trying to help you all get what you want.
    My thoughts and opinions are my own and BPS has nothing to do with this forum or my posts here.
    The folks in the hunting dept are there to help and serve each and every one of you but don't have the answers to everything so please keep that in mind when you don't hear the answer you were hoping for.
    Everyone working there is doing so because of their love for what they are doing which means not only the hunting/shooting side of it, but also the chance to make people happy and give then what they want.
    I want nothing more than for each and every one of you to be able to get exactly what you want and walk away a satisfied customer who had a positive experience.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Pop-gunner, you represent your store well. You (or Smokey) are under no obligation to keep updating on the status of pending AR-15 inventory. It's kind that you already gave a heads up.

At this point, other forum members that are visiting BPS can contribute hearsay or actual sightings. I think that it's actually going to be the luck of the visit, such that when word gets out, even by boots on the ground, inventory will be gone. It's nice to know that these MSRs will be potentially in grasp for a lucky few soon, and that BPS is likely to keep pricing at early December levels.

Best wishes for the new year.

Chillywilly

Jul 5, 2012
    hey pop-gunner it has been nice to find out someone from bps actually tries to keep us up to date with what's going on there. funny that the 1% of google whores that are probably not interested in this site, but have the nerve to go into the store and say "some guy on the mds forum said he works here and you should be getting in ar's, where are they?". wah wah WTF? thanks pop-gunner for all your input.

mtel

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2012
    Virginia
    Anymore runners today? :moon:

Ha! Only one light jogger yesterday. He was about 13-14 so you just kind of chalk that up to immaturity (no comment on the parent). The guard who unlocked the door asked everyone to walk, which was essentially the same as politely saying don't act like idiots.

Was first in line and a couple people lapped me but I was going to walk regardless. I wasn't going to turn it into black Friday at Walmart (which you couldn't pay me to go to). And you know the guys watching the security monitors must have just been shaking their heads the last few days...

Also, someone texted me the status this morning. No joy.

mtel

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2012
    Virginia
    I don't understand why anyone would even reference his handle in the store. I've intentionally mentioned nothing in the store about a forum posting or about an associate being an information source. I just ask if they have any AR's coming.

Why expose someone doing a favor? I mean, even asking "are you pop-gunner?" begins a conversation you don't really want to have for his sake.

BP store management and associates know how to use google too.

Anyway thanks for the good intentions pop-gunner.

annihilation-time

MOLON LABE
    Jun 14, 2010
    Hazzard County!
    I don't understand why anyone would even reference his handle in the store. I've intentionally mentioned nothing in the store about a forum posting or about an associate being an information source. I just ask if they have any AR's coming.

Why expose someone doing a favor? I mean, even asking "are you pop-gunner?" begins a conversation you don't really want to have for his sake.

BP store management and associates know how to use google too.

Anyway thanks for the good intentions pop-gunner.

It was probably some selfish jerk that thought it would help if he mentioned pop-gunner and the forum.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    It was probably some selfish jerk that thought it would help if he mentioned pop-gunner and the forum.

The thing is, my Co worker knows not of this site or my participation. Just started chatting about it. Then I clued him in. He just shook his head in disbelief.

Sent from my phone from somewhere in the world.

FIREHAWK

SPEAK ENGLISH
    Oct 3, 2008
    TOWSON
    it ain't coming guys, sorry to break it to ya but unless the load sat for a week brokedown at a truckstop it would most definetly shown up by now.

Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    Pop-gunner, I was up there Sunday with my dad, kid and brother. You guys did a great job working in the eye of the tornado. I was impressed that the sales guys were treating each customer like they were the only one there. I never did figure out where the number thingy was. I did see the last 10/22 with the really nice stock come out of the back room, had to walk away before the drool started to drip.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom