• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tommy gunn

Apr 7, 2012
    calvert county
    Update on my 1st ar

Just wanted to share my progress so far. Whenever I get the cash to finish it I'll post the pics. I didn't want your typical " evil black rifle" so I went overboard with the paint. I'm making an " evil black and blue rifle".

Parts so far

Spikes lower
    Spikes lpk
    Spikes buffer tube and stock set ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355454304.321834.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355454406.902509.jpg

Well I finally finished my 1st Ar. Took longer than I wanted thanks to MOM. Had a few things I had to get before 10/1. Hope you guys like it. I'm happy with it.
    datadavy.jpg
    ytyzynap.jpg

Last edited:

RG99

Jun 10, 2012
    Pasadena Md
    I usually like my black rifles black BUT that actually looks really nice. You may have just inspired me to build one with some color. Can't wait to see what it looks like finished.:party29:

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    If you go with a quad rail and a fixed front sight post the barrel would look sick in blue. And a black flashider. And If you iron sight it I'd paint the rear ghost ring and the front sight post but that's just me. Maybe the bolt if it will hold up.

Jan 9, 2012
    Hoco
    If you go with a quad rail and a fixed front sight post the barrel would look sick in blue. And a black flashider. And If you iron sight it I'd paint the rear ghost ring and the front sight post but that's just me. Maybe the bolt if it will hold up.

+1, was just thinking that for the barrel

FIREHAWK

SPEAK ENGLISH
    Oct 3, 2008
    TOWSON
    looks badass! i like the color fill:thumbsup: i like the magazine too you need some blue pmags:) i have a blue dpms skulls set if your interested

Attachments

• misc 017.jpg
      misc 017.jpg
      92.9 KB · Views: 321
    • DSC01244.jpg
      DSC01244.jpg
      95 KB · Views: 323

tommy gunn

Apr 7, 2012
    calvert county
    Paint looks VERY well done. What did you use?

Testers model paint. I'm cheap. Had to put down a white base coat 1st. I tested the blue on a DVD case and it didn't show up very well on the black with out the base coat. The mags came like that. I can't take credit for those. Did get a good deal on them IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom