• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    What's the gist of the video (for those unable to watch immediately)? Wonder if this is a bit of a face save after Military Arms Channel went after the NRA on their bump stock position and IV8888 had the deer in headlights look.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

wolfwood

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2011
    That is why I am a GOA member

I visited GOA headquarters without ever having met Larry Prat. He sat with along with Eric for quite awhile and we talked about politics.
    Would Wayne LaPiere do that?

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    The NRA still has this statement up on their website ...

https://home.nra.org/joint-statement

Despite the fact that the Obama administration approved the sale of bump fire stocks on at least two occasions, the National Rifle Association is calling on the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE) to immediately review whether these devices comply with federal law. The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semi-automatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations.

I believe IV8888 posted his Facebook video in response to Tim at Military Arms Channel continuing to sound the warning of the NRA pushing the ATF to regulate rate of fire (yes, the current regulation being considered is broad, to capture Echo triggers and more) which he believes a more hostile administration could use to go after semiautomatic firearms in general, especially if this avenue of regulation is opened under the Trump administration. A former higher-up at ATF shares this concern ...

GOA has a link on their page where you can leave a comment for the ATF. As the former ATF official in the above video notes, 2-3 sentences focused on why you think this would be an inappropriate regulatory move by the ATF (that should first require new federal legislation) without making threats or attacking the ATF is the most effective way to have your comment received and considered.

https://gunowners.org/alert1102018.htm

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    Little late for him to finally have these feelings.
    Maybe the GOA put him on payroll, money determines what his opinions are on a product/topic as documented all over the interwebz

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    I don't subscribe to that theory. Let's be honest, people will never stop trying to pass gun control.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom