• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bootknife

Ultimate Member
    Heads Up! I made a purchase at Palmetto Armory just before Christmas last and today I got a call from the CC Fraud Division about a Charge that was attempted @ Rockauto.com in Madison Wi. I do not use this card for anything else but Firearms Related gear for My Trust so I know where the Breach came from!Someone is Riden Dirty at Palmetto!

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    Well great. I made a recent ammo order from PSA and I'll now have to keep an extra vigilant eye on the credit card.
    Thanks for the heads up.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    It’s probably not anything psa can do about it. It’s most likely being done by someone hacking your credit card. I had it happen at delta team tactical and midway last year. Cc company caught it both times and called me, apparently I was buying high end stereo equipment in Sweden and they thought that was odd, lol.

You may want to look into getting a credit card that allows you to create virtual card numbers. My citi black diamond card allows this.

If there is something that I want to order online, I can log into my citi account and create a virtual card number that is only good for a certain amount of time. This keeps my real card number safe.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Unless PSA is the only place you used that card you can't say for sure that is where it was compromised.

Even then you can't say if it was on PSA side, their processor side, or the bank side.

At the end of the day your bank doesn't care, PSA doesn't care, and as long as the RockAuto order wasn't completed they don't care.

Close the account and make sure the bank overnights you a new card.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Scan your computer for virus' also.

It may not be PSA, but some dirtbag stealing your CC information when you transmit it for an online purchase.

Msteers

May 26, 2017
    This has been an ongoing confirmed issue with PSA for over a year now.

Best thing to do is buy a temp online shopping card from a place like ShopSafe(online) with the desired personal credit card of your choice.

Bootknife

Ultimate Member
    The only place I used this card was at PSA and they did finally call Me back, Took some info and were interested in the Fact that others on here had issues.Stated as a founding Partner He would, in Fact, take some ACTION! Hope it helps.

MindTheGAP

Jan 4, 2018
    Maryland
    I used to work for a company that specifically tracked released / sold numbers picked from non-secure connections, faulty server security, or just poor authentication methods. What I can tell you is, (especially if you ONLY use the card for gear specifically from PSA) that it's 99% likely that the breach came from your internal network / gated connection. There is an increasing legal (and in most cases, it's 100% required) obligation to disclose large scale data breaches of PCI-compliance breaking shit (like your credit card info) and I'm sure we'd be reading multiple articles about how many cards have been compromised, mass email notifications, etc. if the issue was on the merchant or provider side of the house.

TL;DR - switch which browser you're using, buy a known industry standard anti-virus software if you don't have one already, and don't pay dirty websites with your gun trust card (j/k on that last one)

md_al

Apr 25, 2014
    Middle River
    I use Bank of America Shopsafe feature. Virtual credit card only works for 1st shop. A virtual credit card used at PSA will not work on other sites.

XCheckR

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    HdG
    I use Bank of America Shopsafe feature. Virtual credit card only works for 1st shop. A virtual credit card used at PSA will not work on other sites.

Hmmmm. This is interesting. I may need to look further into this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom