Favorite Handgun/Pistol purchase of 2017?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Haven’t been to the range with it yet but just picked up a Walther PPQ Q5 Match. Ergonomics & trigger are better than anything I’ve got (again without shooting it yet). Can’t wait to get some free time for a change to get out & break her in. Next weekend I hope.

Moyaone

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 22, 2017
    Smith and Wesson MP 15-22. That thing is a ton of fun at the range. Wife and her girl friends love to shoot it, too. So that's a bonus!

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    CZ Shadow 2.

NICE!!! I want a CZ so bad for USPSA. TMGN has a Tactical Sport that you can rent, think I might run a box through it and perhaps order one.

I wish the mag issue wasn't such a hassle, that really makes handgun purchases expensive (going out of state to buy) which is what they want :sad20:

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Interesting that there's no Glocks in this thread (yet). I love my Gen 4 19 but I gotta say that the trigger sucks, as does the lack of front serrations. I was a hardcore Glock guy, but the VP9 has really shaken my loyalty.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Gen 2 G19, I've picked up 3 of them in the past year. I now own a total of 4 Gen 2 G19's. I prefer the lack of finger grooves and the trigger is infinitely better than my Gen 4's.

No more lack of Glock in the thread.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    The Glock 19 (May 2017) and Glock 23 (October 2017) I won from Drive Against Diabetes!

Great guns and money went to a worthwhile cause.

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    The Glock hate has been strong with the Gen5 with the frame not matching the slide up front, very slight bulge on the frame now with ambi release, cutout of the grip irritating some, rear sight not being aligned and still using polymer sights, new coating on slide wearing extremely fast for several..
    I think many like myself wanted to see a huge company like Glock innovate with their next gen and it has missed the mark badly. Even the most simple request by loyal Glock owners went unanswered .. Many wanted a truely improved trigger much like the PPQ/Caniks/CZ p10c etc, iron sights as a standard, front serrations, trigger guard being slighly more undercut, improved grip texture and ergo, maybe some small styling details, possibly a larger/easier to use slide release.
    It was a real black eye when Glock lost the military contract, I think their bid was quite a bit more than Sig which was likely why.. beyond the modularity of the sig being able to swap trigger/actual gun component in another frame seemlessly..
    The poly handgun market has been extremely competitive the last 2yrs.. I see a lot of Glock loyalist diverting their attention to other models now like the CZ P10c/P07, Various Sigs mainly P320, HK VP9, Walther PPQ etc

strat56

Feb 23, 2017
    Best gun I’ve bought this year is my Sig Sauer P320C. It’s only my second gun purchase but I’m very happy with it. The ergonomics are good for me, very comfortable, great trigger, good quality. Added a Apex flat trigger and a Talon grip.

Red1917

Apr 13, 2017
    Anne Arundel County
    I picked up a Mauser C96, 9mm. It won't be going to the range often but I'll shoot it a bit.

Nice me too! Hence the avatar haha. Have any pics? I've had mine out a few times already after replacing all the springs and it works like a champ. Won't shoot it much but it's a lot of fun.

IMG_0011[1].jpg
    IMG_1062.jpg

That said my other has been my SW 22 Victory, that thing is a great shooter

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    This is cheating a bit, but my favorite pistol purchase every year is a 1960 Colt National Match 1911 that was worked on by Austin Behlert, one of the early bullseye pistol smiths. He used to follow the shooters on the match circuit in a VW van. In the 60s he set up shop in NJ. It's set up for 185 grain semi-wad cutters. It has a low profile bo-mar rib and sights with a 1.25" extension of the front sight. The frame has lightening cuts, so there is a weight mounted beneath the slide with Behlert's name on it. The internals are polished to perfection. The only drawback is the custom grips are made for a right handed shooter with larger hands than mine. Despite that, using a sand bag for stability it puts the lead in the same hole at 25 feet and overlapping holes at 25 yards. And the original finish is about 95%. After I shoot it for several weeks nothing else feels right in my hands.

Jun 20, 2017
    Here’s mine although I’m hankering for a nice new CZ in some flavor of 9mm

I have the same VP9 Tactical, it was my first handgun purchase.

After a rough first day at the range (wasn't properly lubbed) the gun has been perfect. The trigger is great and it just feels right.

MDElite

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2011
    Year isn't over yet guys. Keep buying , might find a new favorite :)

I'm not giving up yet on my purchases.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    Probably my Infinity 2011, if I'm going by pistol I shoot the most. It's probably also my most "uncommon", as I rarely see others with Infinity's. I also have a Desert Eagle 50AE, which isn't uncommon, but is unusual.

20170503_185004_zpsa4abw4wp.jpg

I also have a custom left-handed Noveske 10" pistol that's a lot of fun, suppressed.

IMG_20140118_162237_zps4760e480.jpg

MDElite

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2011
    Probably my Infinity 2011, if I'm going by pistol I shoot the most. It's probably also my most "uncommon", as I rarely see others with Infinity's. I also have a Desert Eagle 50AE, which isn't uncommon, but is unusual.

20170503_185004_zpsa4abw4wp.jpg

I also have a custom left-handed Noveske 10" pistol that's a lot of fun, suppressed.

IMG_20140118_162237_zps4760e480.jpg
    Pics of the infinity? I have a few 2011 on the way. This one should be in late this week.
    4481b46b29f0ca41a7afb4be505862e6.jpg
    eca4be7d09a86f334fe5aaab8ba7f110.jpg

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    Pics of the infinity? I have a few 2011 on the way. This one should be in late this week.
    4481b46b29f0ca41a7afb4be505862e6.jpg
    eca4be7d09a86f334fe5aaab8ba7f110.jpg

These are a few years old, from when I ordered it (2009?)

It's got some finish wear, now. :-) The only thing I had changed on it was converting the mag release to left-handed; same exact style, just on the other side.

newgun1_zpsiiw2y8km.jpg

newgun2_zpsncfz9hki.jpg

newgun3_zpstlssrpec.jpg

MDElite

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2011
    These are a few years old, from when I ordered it (2009?)

It's got some finish wear, now. :-) The only thing I had changed on it was converting the mag release to left-handed; same exact style, just on the other side.

newgun1_zpsiiw2y8km.jpg

newgun2_zpsncfz9hki.jpg

newgun3_zpstlssrpec.jpg
    That's awesome looking

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    I'be become quite happy with an almost pristine Colt Cobra .22 I picked up fairly inexpensively in an auction. It's like a perfect backpacker's or camp gun...lightweight and with a 3" barrel not difficult to deal with at all. My favorite centerfires I've purchased are two new Colt Delta Elite 10mm pistols...one in stainless and one is stainless lower and IonBond Black upper. Awesome pistols...they might even make me switch to them as favorites rather than my Combat Elite .45 ACP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Alanharper

Latest threads

Top Bottom