• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    bought this barrel it was listed as a HBAR but it isn't marked. Searched but no real answers but did see to post a pic.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      75.1 KB · Views: 615

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    bought this barrel it was listed as a HBAR but it isn't marked. Searched but no real answers but did see to post a pic.

If the manufacturer described it as a heavy barrel, it is OK. Does not need to be marked.

If it makes you feel better, you could stamp it or keep a copy of the manufacturer's description. But not necessary.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown

My recommendation is always to print out a copy of the manufacturers advertising designating it as HBAR and/or to screenshot the product description to your email so there is always a copy available if the Internet is nearby.

Can save a lot of aggravation and time.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    Rifle is a gift for our son , Not being marked HBAR will make me buy another barrel that is marked. If it was for me I would use it but if he moves back to MD he might have a issue

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    My recommendation is always to print out a copy of the manufacturers advertising designating it as HBAR and/or to screenshot the product description to your email so there is always a copy available if the Internet is nearby.

Why would this be necessary?

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown

Traffic stop, useage in a defensive situation, useage in an accident (dispatching a wounded aminal) or any of the thousands of reasons you might need to prove your rifle is in a non banned configuration.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    Traffic stop, useage in a defensive situation, useage in an accident (dispatching a wounded aminal) or any of the thousands of reasons you might need to prove your rifle is in a non banned configuration.

this isnt an nfa item.
    secure your weapon when traveling.
    no need to carry papers with you.
    and no requirement either.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013

Since it isnt marked , any reason a LEO sees it , it can be confiscated till I prove its a HBAR . Since it is for our son I rather him not to deal with it if he comes back to MD

Minuteman

BANNED!!!

This exactly.

Because of this *stupid* 'banned list', how would one (or must they) prove that a non-heavy barrel AR was purchased before the ban went into effect? Or that a particular rifle is in fact an HBAR? What a mess, and we all know that the thickness of the barrel of a firearm, its features, or even its rate of fire have nothing what so ever to do with it's 'danger' to society.

This FSA 2013 (SB281), and the politicians behind it are doing nothing more than infringing on our rights. This law does zero to make any of us safer.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Since it isnt marked , any reason a LEO sees it , it can be confiscated till I prove its a HBAR . Since it is for our son I rather him not to deal with it if he comes back to MD

So in that aspect by that thinking if a LEO sees my pre '13 AR he's going to automatically confiscate it since its sporting an M4 profile barrel?
    I think there's WAY to much overthinking when it comes to this subject.
    I know everybody wants to err on the side of caution but if we as people thought this much into everyday life we'd never leave the house.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007

i cant remember being questioned by a leo or even a range office if my ar was in an hbar configuration.

what about .300 blackout. do you need to prove to an leo thats its ok to have it in non hbar config? may is see your papers please?

outrider58

Cold Damp Spaces
    MDS Supporter
    So in that aspect by that thinking if a LEO sees my pre '13 AR he's going to automatically confiscate it since its sporting an M4 profile barrel?
    I know everybody wants to err on the side of caution but if we as people thought this much into everyday life we'd never leave the house.

+1 :thumbsup:

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013

I do think some troopers would confiscate a pre ban weapon and make you prove otherwise . Maybe I have BGOS but rather be cautious than broke from proving otherwise

2nd=Good+Substantial

Ultimate Member
    Mar 17, 2012
    The Hereford Zone

I agree completely. We shouldn't have to but we live in a f'd up state.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    This exactly.

Because of this *stupid* 'banned list', how would one (or must they) prove that a non-heavy barrel AR was purchased before the ban went into effect? Or that a particular rifle is in fact an HBAR? What a mess, and we all know that the thickness of the barrel of a firearm, its features, or even its rate of fire have nothing what so ever to do with it's 'danger' to society.

This FSA 2013 (SB281), and the politicians behind it are doing nothing more than infringing on our rights. This law does zero to make any of us safer.

It may be hard to prove it was purchased pre-ban, unless the serial number comes back that it was manufactured in 2014 or later. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom