• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    I go to Chantilly to look, to buy standard mags, other things I can't get here, and odds and ends, but I'll always support our beleaguered IP's. They're the ones who need our support.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    I go to buy mags. Occasionally I'll see a used gun worth buying - I actually picked up a Walther GSP complete with both .22 and .32 uppers about $600 below normal market price.

And a bit of jerky and fudge, of course. :-)

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    It's not like you can go and cash/carry an AR.

Strawman.jpg

Mdot

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 26, 2010
    Baltimore
    You indeed can cash & carry an HBAR AR. (finding a vendor who understands MD law is probably 50/50 though.) I've bought several rifles at Chantilly in the last 2 years. One rare handgun I had them mail to my FFL back in MD. It is no longer made and I got more than enough of a deal to cover the shipping + transfer fees. I agree it makes no sense fiscally to buy a new handgun there. You can also buy std capacity mags, parts, uppers, ammo, etc. Its a much bigger show than MD shows.

Thank you sir! Answers all my questions and ends my bitch. I understand.

senetor24

Mar 4, 2013
    I'm scratching my head about something. Why would any Maryland resident be excited about going to another state to look at everything we can't buy here? It's not like you can go and cash/carry an AR. Once you tack on the processing, wait, and PIA hassle and expense of transferring to an FFL, the "good deal" ain't so good no more.

And besides, soon as you say you're from Maryland to anyone from a fun state, they act like you are contageous and will infect their gun laws.

Was at the last show. Plenty of vendors with HBAR AR's willing to sell cash & carry to MD residents. Some vendors were willing to build MD legal AR's too. Not all vendors, but the ones who read the laws & like $.

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    I'm scratching my head about something. Why would any Maryland resident be excited about going to another state to look at everything we can't buy here? It's not like you can go and cash/carry an AR. Once you tack on the processing, wait, and PIA hassle and expense of transferring to an FFL, the "good deal" ain't so good no more.

And besides, soon as you say you're from Maryland to anyone from a fun state, they act like you are contageous and will infect their gun laws.

Standard capacity magazines.

Rick3bears

Grumpy Old Coot
    Jul 28, 2012
    Somewhere, MD
    Seriously tho. I have found that if I approach the vendors and strike up a conversation, be friendly, ask about the guns I'm interested in and don't act like some kind of asshat, that a lot of the vendors will take the time to work with me and get my purchases to me or to my FFL (All Pawn).

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Wish there was some way to find out average Glock mag prices before making the haul down there. Anyone have nary a clue about what prices could be? Between $15 and $40, right? LOL

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Glock? They'll be plenty at fair prices. On several occasions there I've bought real G18 and G21 new mags for good prices. ($40 and $20 respectively.) Never seem to be a shortage of those at reasonable prices. The odd/rare stuff (MP5, FN49, etc) can be pricey (or non-existent) depending on the show.

sundaeman

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 16, 2008
    If anyone happens to notice AR 9mm mags (or a "real" 9mm beta) please drop a note.
    -Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom