• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tommy gunn

Apr 7, 2012
    calvert county
    Wasn't sure where to ask this so I put it here. Dc101 reported in their morning news spot Oboma banned military style assault weapons and magazines over 10 rounds yesterday. I haven't heard anything else about it or seen it in the paper. Something like that would be on the front page I would think. Did he do it or were they grossly misinformed?

Just5Guy

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Carroll Co.
    Wasn't sure where to ask this so I put it here. Dc101 reported in their morning news spot Oboma banned military style assault weapons and magazines over 10 rounds yesterday. I haven't heard anything else about it or seen it in the paper. Something like that would be on the front page I would think. Did he do it or were they grossly misinformed?

PROPOSED banning them, then punted to Congress. Basically sounded like he knows it won't get past the House, and blamed Republicans without directly saying Republicans.

marte616

God bless America...
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 15, 2008
    Occupied Territory
    Grossly misinformed...he did not do such thing...he did what he alaways does...kick the can down to road and pressure Congress to do their job....he did, however, empowered DHS, DOJ and the CDC to conduct research and form policy...that means a lot of things that can be done administratively without Congress having a say, i.e., giving HHS or Department of Interior jurisdiction over ammo imports and foreign firearms imports, i.e., AKs, SAIGAs, FALs, etc....

Mr H

Banana'd

Simply, no. Not possible in those conditions.

He did call on Congress to consider it, and begged people to support him.

He seemed to know this is not a likely outcome for him.

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    What was the point of funding the CDC to do research on gun violence? Doesn't the FBI already record all the relevant data?

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007

the only thing he banned was common sense/logic

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    What was the point of funding the CDC to do research on gun violence? Doesn't the FBI already record all the relevant data?

The CDC was intentionally stacked with anti-gun types at the time and leftists pushed through the legislation for research funding as a backdoor attempt to classify gun ownership as a mental health issue. It was defunded because NRA sued, showed it for what it was (fraud), and won.

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    Ya around 7:20ish. I was sittin in the car listening on my lunch break.

You eat lunch at 7:20? :confused:

The CDC was intentionally stacked with anti-gun types at the time and leftists pushed through the legislation for research funding as a backdoor attempt to classify gun ownership as a mental health issue. It was defunded because NRA sued, showed it for what it was (fraud), and won.

And now we're doing it again.... whhyyyy?

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    Grossly misinformed...he did not do such thing...he did what he alaways does...kick the can down to road and pressure Congress to do their job....he did, however, empowered DHS, DOJ and the CDC to conduct research and form policy...that means a lot of things that can be done administratively without Congress having a say, i.e., giving HHS or Department of Interior jurisdiction over ammo imports and foreign firearms imports, i.e., AKs, SAIGAs, FALs, etc....

No one should be allowed to conduct research and form policy. Those two responsibilities need to be separate.

SSJ

Sep 16, 2011
    MD

No. Supposedly they haven't been allowed or funded to do research before on gun violence. So I'm sure now we will have "Doctor researched" studies saying guns are the cause of all evil. That's just something I overheard during all the hoopla yesterday. I have no education on it whatsoever. Sounded like they were saying that now "Doctor's" will be able to prove how bad guns are and place gun deaths in the same category with cancer deaths. The next thing we will hear will be "This is the number one DISEASE we can cure!"

gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD
    I like Elliot but he is one of the most air-brained people that I have ever met (I met him several times). No doubt he misunderstood what happened. Nice guy otherwise.

widowman

Jul 19, 2010
    He didn't ban assault weapons or come up with any feasable ideas to curb mass shootings or gun violence in general but, ......

He did find a way to waste $500 million dollars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Curtis6789

Latest threads

Top Bottom