• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Greetings all,

It's been a while sine I've posted here. I recently received my renewed C&R and I was looking for some items. The pickins' are lean at best. Did the C&R firearms well dry up or something? There doesn't seem to be much available online. most of the places I've done business with in the past are and have been out of stock for some time. Even GB seems light. Any of you notice the same thing?

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Lots of interesting stuff still on GB but the well for cheap and in volume has definitely dried up.

Between cleaned out arsenals and import restrictions/sanctions its a limited market.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Mosins could once be had for $39. I remember them being $129 for hand picked, delivered, hex receiver. Good luck with that now.

Collectors collect. When the supply dries up, that's that. If it's C&R, buy it now. It won't be cheaper later.

KYtoMD

Mar 23, 2017
    MD
    I spoke with somebody at Century Arms late last year and they said they were expecting a couple of BIG shipments later this year. So maybe there is hope...

j5689

Feb 3, 2017
    Riva, MD
    Classic Firearms has a few relatively cheap C&R pistols(Radom P64, CZ-50 and CZ-70) but that's the best I've seen. You might already know but Brownell's will also let you fax your FFL 03 information and give you the FFL discount so at least there's that if you can't buy any guns with it. Actually there's a few places that still do.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    The lack of cheap mil-surplus C&R hasn't seemed to slow me down.... I manage to find interesting and unique things to pick up (usually at reasonable prices). If all you are interested in is mil surplus, yep that pool has dried up... but its a much bigger world out there for cool guns.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    That was great.

Thanks.

Did someone click the link?

Check out her version of "Wenn Die Soldaten." She turns it into an anti-war song just by her inflexion and pacing. (It's an old pre-WWI song, not a nazi song.)

By the way, Mass C&R Milsurp is dead, but one by one collecting will always exist.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    If you want to get ill, lookback at some of the ads from the 60s, pre ‘68 Act. Kleins on the square, etc. lugers, mausers, enfields, garands, carbines. No one wanted the krags, the winchester levers. There are many mosins stockpiled in russia ( they made 18m 91/30s durring the war) but not coming out anytime soon. We used to walk down lower broadway in nyc, in and out of the surplus stores. Bin after bin of bayos, rifles.

CodeWarrior1241

Sep 23, 2013
    Lutherville
    So about the Mosins in Russia - do people know with certainty that there are still warehouses full of 'em there? While they made a lot, they also lost a lot... I figured they all got cleared out when Russia had no cash in the 90s.

Shame I missed out on the happy time, could have caught on to the tail end of the boom 15 years ago when I already had a job. Wish someone told me to look at firearms and rights in MD before 2013!

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom