If you have small children, don't let them out of your sight.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    MOST of the stories I've seen like this are B.S.

Some are legit, but the majority of them are naive young latte-sipping whitebread mommies looking for 15 minutes of fame on Facebook, by either exaggerating the hell out of an imagined threat, or outright making shit up for attention.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Don't discount these reports. It does happen. here's a video of a child almost being taken.

[YT]96348QSuVXM[/YT]

BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    MOST of the stories I've seen like this are B.S.

Some are legit, but the majority of them are naive young latte-sipping whitebread mommies looking for 15 minutes of fame on Facebook, by either exaggerating the hell out of an imagined threat, or outright making shit up for attention.
    Happened to a friend of mine from high school a few months back. Guy followed her and her kids through a grocery store and tried to lure the youngest away. She grabbed the kids and ran to the front of the store to get help. It does happen.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

lemmdus

Feb 24, 2015
    Don't write a Facebook or twitter about it, call the police immediately and try to get a picture of the scumbags. I had someone in a car try to give my youngest candy. Thank goodness my oldest was there to scare them off. This happened in Carroll County, broad daylight. I called the police, and they handled it.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    Don't write a Facebook or twitter about it, call the police immediately and try to get a picture of the scumbags. I had someone in a car try to give my youngest candy. Thank goodness my oldest was there to scare them off. This happened in Carroll County, broad daylight. I called the police, and they handled it.

This...why would you even identify yourself and expose your existence to anyone who may monitor those kind of groups?

Be a sheepdog at all times.

artbart1

Mar 13, 2017
    Carroll County, MD

Thats what I don't get about these stories. Why is it always a second hand account of what happened, that gets posted on Facebook without any pictures or anything? Call the police, take pictures if you feel threatened, and if you want send the pictures to the local paper so they can post it, and ask for information on the suspects.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Thats what I don't get about these stories. Why is it always a second hand account of what happened, that gets posted on Facebook without any pictures or anything? Call the police, take pictures if you feel threatened, and if you want send the pictures to the local paper so they can post it, and ask for information on the suspects.

You're in a fight (figuratively or literally) for your child at the time these attacks occur, I doubt anyone would have the time or forethought, to get their phone out, open a camera app and take a picture. This is unrealistic to think that during this time of major duress, you'd have the thought of taking a picture. You're wanting to get your child back or to flee with your child.

Most, if not all of these instances are with the mom or other female guardian, that's not a coincidence. These types prey upon the females because they know they can usually over power them and escape with the child. Way to iffy to try this with a dad or other male guardian.

It happened in the last month in Bel Air. Police report was filed, so it's not an urban legend all of the time.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Im as pro police as they come. I doubt the police will do anything unless an actual abduction takes place. I would be shocked if they even respond to a call like this. If they don't spend, they will say no crime occurred and do nothing. Even if the offenders don't caught and charged, the MD courts will NOT lock these people up.

There was some nut taking pics of kids at bus stops in Cecil County. Nothing.

Someone tries to statch my kids or wife the police will have lots of paperwork.

artbart1

Mar 13, 2017
    Carroll County, MD
    You're in a fight (figuratively or literally) for your child at the time these attacks occur, I doubt anyone would have the time or forethought, to get their phone out, open a camera app and take a picture. This is unrealistic to think that during this time of major duress, you'd have the thought of taking a picture. You're wanting to get your child back or to flee with your child.

Most, if not all of these instances are with the mom or other female guardian, that's not a coincidence. These types prey upon the females because they know they can usually over power them and escape with the child. Way to iffy to try this with a dad or other male guardian.

It happened in the last month in Bel Air. Police report was filed, so it's not an urban legend all of the time.

Ok, I definitely agree that if they already have taken your kid, or laid a hand on them, you are not going to be taking pictures. That is a much tougher situation to be in.

BUT, most of these stories seem to be just someone "following" someone else. And if they really were following you, I have a feeling they would turn and run if they realized the person they were following was on to them, and taking pictures of them. Especially if these creeps were already offenders and/or known to law enforcement.

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    Childnappers are almost always known to the family/child and like most criminals, they are looking for the path of least resistance. They wait for the right time by knowing that kid's schedule or gaining their trust. It's way, way creepier that the most dangerous people to the kids are likely ones you already know.

This is paranoid moms and urban myths. Strangers are not snatching kids from stores or public areas.

onedash

Ultimate Member
    Feb 24, 2016
    Calvert County
    I suspect most of these stories are fake, some are probably from people being hyper vigilant (every stranger/weirdo wants to take your baby?) and probably a few genuine cases. I see at least one post like this a week it seems. I don't hear of kidnappings happening on a regular basis. I get a couple amber alerts a year on my phone.

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    When my children were small, I instructed them, if abducted, to scream "this isn't my daddy" and if challenged, to yell" My daddy has pictures of me in his wallet" too many screaming kids are led out of the mall by their "parents"

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom