• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 50bmg

Sep 24, 2011
    Towson, MD
    Thanks for the link to the Federal xm193 on sale at Brownell's. Out the door came to be about $280/1000. I picked up 2000 5.56 last night. They are on back order however.

I think the stockpiling is a bit of a hording mentality. Kind of a sickness that I subscribe to.

Jstevens56

Ultimate Member
    Feb 9, 2012
    Somewhere in Merryland
    Just left fallston Walmart. They are pretty well stocked on 9mm Federal 100 pack fmj. For $21 and change a box after tax, it's pretty cheap. They also had a good bit of ammo in general. More than usual.

Cai

Jul 5, 2011
    Poolsville
    Related question: How do you open those old ammo cans? I saw a video of a guy opening one with a screwdriver and tinsnips. there is a better way right?

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Related question: How do you open those old ammo cans? I saw a video of a guy opening one with a screwdriver and tinsnips. there is a better way right?

U.S.G.I. ammo cans have a latch.
    Russian spam cans I just poke a hole with my knife then take a screwdriver and smack it with a hammer around the edges.

buffalodan

Feb 3, 2012
    Bel Air, MD
    I just got 1k 9mm from Natchezss (CCI Blazer Brass 9mm Luger 115 gr FMJ Ammunition 50/box for $9.49 a box). Already had approx 500 rounds on hand for range shooting but I wanted to get a bunch to have some stock. I also have only around 3k 22lr stocked but I want to bring it up to at least 10k and after reading this thread 100k over the next few years.

Is there any laws limiting how much you can stockpile ammo? How about reloading materials like powder? I don't reload yet (just got back into shooting) but I am interested in doing so.

ATTom

Aug 17, 2010
    I dont stockpile pistol ammo if Im using a pistol in a situation like this there is a problem lol
    5.45 is my thing right now so I just bought 2 cases of that. If this polish krink pistol is allowed into the country they will ban the 5.45 surplus like the chicom steel sore stuff so im buying now

Why would the intro of a 5.45 pistol make the ammo go away? Because it's steel core??

T-Man

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2010
    Catonsville
    I just got 1k 9mm from Natchezss (CCI Blazer Brass 9mm Luger 115 gr FMJ Ammunition 50/box for $9.49 a box). Already had approx 500 rounds on hand for range shooting but I wanted to get a bunch to have some stock. I also have only around 3k 22lr stocked but I want to bring it up to at least 10k and after reading this thread 100k over the next few years.

Is there any laws limiting how much you can stockpile ammo? How about reloading materials like powder? I don't reload yet (just got back into shooting) but I am interested in doing so.

I am not an expert on either question, but I think there is a MD powder restriction...someone will come along with more details. None on ammo that I am aware.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland

I am not an expert on either question, but I think there is a MD powder restriction...someone will come along with more details. None on ammo that I am aware.

5 pounds smokeless and 5 for blackpowder. Unless you have permit. I believe its 50lbs (dont quote me on that).

Ender

Jan 9, 2011
    Here is a question for you guys, when stockpiling 12 gauge would you get 00 buck or slugs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom