• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    I have never owned a pellet air gun before. My experience is limited to a Red Ryder BB gun during my youth. And no, I did not shoot my eye out, but I did shoot my brother in the knee.

I was out at my local WalMart and they had some air rifles on clearance. The one that I looked at was the Beeman Silver Kodiak X2. It seemed nice and I looked on line and most places were selling it for around $145 and it was on clearance for $74. I figured that I couldn't really go too far wrong with this for that price. However, when I got to the register, it rang up for only $49. An even better deal. Will I, as a beginner, be happy with this gun or should I try to look for something else? Thanks for the help.

pbartko

Aug 23, 2017
    Harford Cnty
    For $49, I think you got a great deal.

I've got a few air rifles, a pump Crossman 760, Spring RWS diana 24 and a PCP Benjamin Discovery.

If you have never fired spring air rifles before, you may need some practice to get proficient. They have a unique recoil motion that moves the rifle rearward and then forward again. You have to learn how to hold the rifle so that it can recoil without throwing your aim off. The pump and PCP rifles don't have the spring motion and are easier to fire accurately.

It's nice having dual caliber barrels, you can use the .177 for plinking and .22 for hunting. It has enough power for hunting small game (rabbits, squirrels, etc).

I think you will enjoy it, good luck.

Outta Air

Dec 28, 2015
    Exactly where I want to be
    I started with multi-pumps then break barrels and then graduated to PCPs. Each is good for a particular application. Each is also good for certain distances and "take downs". I guess it depends on exactly what you want to use it for and how far out you want to shoot. I have about 16 rifles now of various power plants and enjoy all of them. I also have 4 pistols each exceeding 400 fps. I did go to WM some months ago to look as I was interested in the Crosman 1077 air rifle. To my extreme surprise they had two there. To my amazement, they were on clearance for $20 each...guess how many I bought?!?!?!

Last edited:

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    Thanks for all the information. I have no idea when or where I will use this. I just have a hard time passing up stuff with really good prices.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Since I was in the Eldersburg WM today I had to check... they have two in stock, but they're priced at $99 according to both the shelf tag and the product scanner.

I don't need it, but for $49 I would have bought it :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom