• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jfhunter64

Feb 23, 2013
    HI all,

Some buddies and I ate going to Deep Creek Lake for his bachelor party. He wants to go shooting while we are there. Can anyone recommend a public range? I saw savage but haven't had time to research. Any recommendations or info on savage or anwhere else?

Thanks all,
    John

DanJo

Mar 4, 2010
    Western Howard County
    We went to the Savage range while vacationing at Deep Creek last summer and had a great time. It's a nice clean range with adjustable distance target stands and a drop box for the honor system fee which I think was $5 a person. We had the range to ourselves for most of the time until another group of friendly folks showed up. It's a nice drive from the lake too. I would definitely recommend it and do it again.

jfhunter64

Feb 23, 2013
    Sweet thanks! I'll look more into it then. I'm always nervous about going to public ranges. Glad to hear someone had a good experience.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Savage River range on New Germany Road. That's about as good as you'll get in the Deep Creek area.
    :thumbsup:

(P.S. leaving your brass behind for us Hooligans is always appreciated... ;))

Additional info:

Some pics of the range below. It's basic. $5 per person per day. There are envelopes and a drop box to pay the fee. Please do pay. DNR needs the funds for the upkeep. The rangers do drop by to check... :thumbsup:

It's a good idea to bring some 24" wide cardboard and Zip ties to hang on the target stands like you see in the first pic. We staple our targets to cardboard rather than the tattered rubber backing.

Have fun...

:thumbsup:

Attachments

• IMG_0852.jpg
      IMG_0852.jpg
      80.9 KB · Views: 1,880
    • DSC06846.jpg
      DSC06846.jpg
      57.8 KB · Views: 1,826
    • DSC06853.jpg
      DSC06853.jpg
      61.6 KB · Views: 1,823
    • DSC06796.jpg
      DSC06796.jpg
      76.9 KB · Views: 1,966
    Last edited:

Park ranger

Ultimate Member
    Dec 6, 2015
    That Officer has told me stories about all the cool guns you hooligans have. I don't think I've ever timed it right to meet ya'll.

Or maybe I have, I'm the goofy guy with the competition stuff. :-)

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    That Officer has told me stories about all the cool guns you hooligans have. I don't think I've ever timed it right to meet ya'll.

Or maybe I have, I'm the goofy guy with the competition stuff. :-)

Hmmm... Could this be one of your rigs? :shrug:

Either way, you should make it a point to attend a Hooligan Shoot. We have a lot of fun... :thumbsup:

:D

Attachments

• DSC06461 SNIP.jpg
      DSC06461 SNIP.jpg
      69.9 KB · Views: 1,720

Park ranger

Ultimate Member
    Dec 6, 2015
    Nope, not mine. Although it's nice. I do XTC service rifle and palma. Do you guys shoot every Sunday?

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Nope, not mine. Although it's nice. I do XTC service rifle and palma. Do you guys shoot every Sunday?

Just about every Sunday at least a few of us are there. I layed back today since I've got a few other things going on. There's a few there right now, look for a new Hooligan thread in the water cooler this afternoon.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek

I wasn't sure. The pic was of a rifle that belonged to a guy we met at the range.

Just about every Sunday at least a few of us are there. I layed back today since I've got a few other things going on. There's a few there right now, look for a new Hooligan thread in the water cooler this afternoon.

Today's shoot came and went. Thread is now posted...

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom