• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    Are the gun stores locally taking ID down for ammo purchases? Maybe the chain stores, but how about the local gun stores.

Splitter

R.I.P.
    Jun 25, 2008
    Westminster, MD
    I hear ya, Adams, but I am 39 with gray hair and I was in a suit and tie. Now, while I replied "rifle" and still had to show my ID for age verification, I don't know what they would have asked for if I had replied "handgun". I have not had to show my license for age related purchases for some time....not that I am proud of that lol.

BTW, I wonder what the MSP think about buying ammo for a spouse's handgun?

Splitter

IronicEnigma

Apr 6, 2008
    Abingdon
    Stories like this should be blasted loud and often for everyone running for office who supports the protection of law abiding gun owners.

This story should also be called in to local news stations like fox 45. I would have to believe that on top of the Berwyn mayor story, this story would start putting the MSP, O'Malley, and Frosh on the hotseat if it got air time.

If not the local television, hit the airwaves on the talk radio circuit, push this to every pro-gun blog available.

Something has to be done, absolutely.

That reminds me, Frosh is supposedly going to hold hearings in September regarding the MSP spying program. This would probably a good venue to get more of these stories, and those violated to those hearings because to me, their spying has gone beyond what they stated...

Mike128

Feb 28, 2007
    The officer who collects on the Eastern Shore is Sgt Stone. I think I got his cell number somewhere. I know because both Walmart down in Salisbury tried that registration crap with me. Walmart employees lied and told me it was a state law and the Sgt involved told them so. I saw a copy of contact information in their log book of who was in charge. So I got his number and called several times but he never answered or returned a message. Next I called Jessup (when it was at Jessup) to complain that a State Police officer lied about what is Md law. I was told no harm was done and if I don't like it don't shop at Walmart.

I also called Walmart corporate and complained. Supposedly it is only voluntary now but I still get into an argument with people sometimes. I quit buying ammo at Walmart because of it. Don't give your DL information. If they insist than call Walmart Corporate office.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Sad that MSP is dumping more and more interstate highways on local agencies for primary enforcement because they're so "understaffed," yet they have a half-dozen guys to run around at midnight bothering people who haven't done anything wrong.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Complete and utter BS. There is no excuse whatsoever for this as relayed.. That being said, If asked for "age verification", my ID never leaves my hand, If they don't like it, I buy from elsewhere. I also buy most of my gun related stuff cash, or mail order. I always thought something bad could come of it, more along the lines of a shop employee, or someone in contact with my info trying to break into my house. I support the police, and count a couple as friends, but if there is a knock, I will ask for a warrant, if there is none displayed, I will ask them to leave, and say nothing else. If there is a warrant , then I will comply. If there is no knock, then I will assume it to be a criminal home invasion and treat it as such, as I have never been involved with anything that would be grounds for a warrant.

RipkinC

Ultimate Member
    Jun 2, 2007
    Free America
    So Who wants to be the droop for the ammo Group Buy anyone now?
    First thing I'd do is call 911 saying there were a bunch of army-like guys outside my house. Most likely the local PD doesn't know, like the PG co. Mayor event. Than my Lawyer, than tell them to wait outside. I am sorry but this stuff has to stop. Notice they always go after the average joe who has never and prob never will do anything wrong with a firearm. Not the real problems... Guess they look at it as safer to raid folks who are law abiding rather than trying to shut down the local gangs that have more firepower then them.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    My guess is that the victim here got onto somebody's radar. Maybe it was because he belonged to a cetain group.

Like Maryland Shooters? Or MSI? Or the NRA?

Man, that puts me on a LOT of lists. I'm on the radar like an incoming ICBM.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    This is why I don't buy a single round of ammunition in this state.

I used to pick at the guys who proclaimed the perils of the cashless society. Now I realize they weren't being tin-foil-hatters to say why it's important to buy things with cash as much as possible.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    group buy on ammo....:innocent0

Speaking of being on the radar, how do you think this makes me feel knowing that I had 20k rounds purchased under my name?

How about e.shell having it drop shipped to his place?

Rattlesnake46319

Curmidget
    Apr 1, 2008
    Jefferson County, MO
    I suddenly have this urge to purchase ammunition from Walmart. And let them have the address on my DL. I'd love to see them try to attempt that play.

God I love being active duty! I knew there was a reason I kept the parents' place as home of record!

hughmon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2008
    Who watches the watchmen?

Who is beginning to feel the odds are evening up between being victimized by a civilian criminal and those who one would ostensibly think are charged with protecting us from same?

squirrels

Who cooks for you?
    Jan 25, 2008
    First the Berwyn Heights raid by PG county and now this by MSP.

Someone needs to go to the press with this crap.

FWIW my local Wal-Mart used to take down names and DL numbers with purchases. They don't do that any more. If someone asks you if ammo is for a handgun, just tell them "no". When I buy some 9mm for my SBR, if they ask me if it's for a handgun, sometimes I drop the, "No, it's for a class III assault rifle". :p

kalister1

R.I.P.
    May 16, 2008
    Pasadena Maryland
    I don't understand, If the police show up in full tactical gear they must have had a search warrant? Why just walk in and ask to have a look around? If they have the warrant they don't need to ask for anything.

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    Yes the Berwin Heights thing SUCKS, and this ammo thing SUCKS, but let's remember that they are still two separate events carried out by two different agencies looking for two different things.

Wait....what was the point I was trying to make.....:wtf:

NittanyLion

Jul 15, 2008
    Rockville
    Complete and utter BS. There is no excuse whatsoever for this as relayed.. That being said, If asked for "age verification", my ID never leaves my hand, If they don't like it, I buy from elsewhere. I also buy most of my gun related stuff cash, or mail order. I always thought something bad could come of it, more along the lines of a shop employee, or someone in contact with my info trying to break into my house. I support the police, and count a couple as friends, but if there is a knock, I will ask for a warrant, if there is none displayed, I will ask them to leave, and say nothing else. If there is a warrant , then I will comply. If there is no knock, then I will assume it to be a criminal home invasion and treat it as such, as I have never been involved with anything that would be grounds for a warrant.
    +1 on ALL of that. Very well stated. :thumbsup:

Geez, I'm glad I just mail-ordered a bunch of ammo rather than buying it in-state. Freakin commies!

hughmon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2008
    Don't forget the recent MSP spying case.

Believe it or not, I was very pro police. People in harm's way doing a very tough, often thankless job. However given recent events, reassessment is in order.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    Speaking of being on the radar, how do you think this makes me feel knowing that I had 20k rounds purchased under my name?

Uh oh. Someone's getting a deep cavity search.

On a different note, if the police show up at your door without a warrant, even in full battle regalia, learn the words, "Pound Sand."

If the police have you in their sights, talking to them, on any level, is a bad idea.

This is an excellent video that is required watching for any U.S. citizen.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom