Don't THINK ANNAPOLIS DOESN'T KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • I like listening to the police scanner..I have done it since I was a kid listening to hear my Dad and his friends on the air..I'm sitting here and an officer from Baltimore County requests gun information from dispatch...a few minutes go by and she reads out a list of make model caliber and serial number of about a dozen firearms that this person owns...

So tell me, where do they get that information and is it legal for them to have?

(it's rhetorical, I already know the answer to the first part)

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    It's all in MILES on everything you've ever done a 77R or NFA paperwork on. Though to be honest I never heard anyone ever read a list on the air like that, but it's certainly something they are able to do. On stuff without a 77R or MSP processed NFA ppw, it's not in there. The whole legality thing is too long for me to get into right now. But basically as long as they aren't using federal funds to maintain the database, MD feels it is complying with federal law.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    And the stupid: MSP database does not delete a firearm from the list when you transfer. It means multiple people have that firearm on that list.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    7d4e5ab37ab47160704a841c9871d3ce.jpg

https://mobile.twitter.com/mkapor/status/833914148140388353

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitch_Kapor

It's all in MILES on everything you've ever done a 77R or NFA paperwork on. Though to be honest I never heard anyone ever read a list on the air like that, but it's certainly something they are able to do. On stuff without a 77R or MSP processed NFA ppw, it's not in there. The whole legality thing is too long for me to get into right now. But basically as long as they aren't using federal funds to maintain the database, MD feels it is complying with federal law.

It's odd though..After my father retired from the PD he went to work as a 911 operator/dispatcher. One day he brought me a print out of every firearm I owned at the time...Now I was in the military for 6 years and stationed at various places in the country and purchased firearms in every state I was ever stationed..and although it was a Maryland report every one of those guns was on that list...From Illinois, California, Mississippi, Florida and South Carolina..So i'm not sure that the federal government isn't providing information...

And you're right...6 years in the PD myself and I never heard a dispatcher read a list like that over the air...but there is was...for the entire world to hear...

Dogmeat

Ultimate Member
    Apr 5, 2013
    Montgomery County, MD
    Interesting question would be if the long guns have always been there, or if that is another "benefit" of the HQL. Another question of course, would be who is keeping the long term records on the long guns? We "know" the Feds aren't supposed to do that. :liar:

Did the on-air list include any long guns?

If so, that right there would be troubling.

Back when my Dad gave me the list of my guns I didn't own a single handgun..they were all rifles and shotguns...most were hunting guns..at the time the only black rifle I owned was an H&K 93... This would have been in the late 80s...it appears to me like someone has a database...

Interesting question would be if the long guns have always been there, or if that is another "benefit" of the HQL. Another question of course, would be who is keeping the long term records on the long guns? We "know" the Feds aren't supposed to do that. :liar:

I can't see how Maryland could have known about every firearm I owned as most were purchased in another state without the help of the Federal government..they are the only common denominator in the equation...

ROBAR35

Living the farm life
    May 20, 2010
    Howard Co.
    When the D.C. sniper shootings were going on some time ago the FBI showed up at my house on a Sunday to ask me some questions. The Agent was very courteous and professional and informed me that my name came up in a data base of people that had received formal sniper training and that they were just running down leads. Yea, they have a database

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    The MGUN system that is within MILES has NO record of non-regulated firearms, at all, so if they came back with LG info on a .22, it was from some other source, such as a police report containing that info.

Dealers sell those guns on a 4473 that MSP never sees. They don't even look at them during audits.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Back when my Dad gave me the list of my guns I didn't own a single handgun..they were all rifles and shotguns...most were hunting guns..at the time the only black rifle I owned was an H&K 93... This would have been in the late 80s...it appears to me like someone has a database...

I've always believed there's a long gun data base in this country.

It's too damned easy not to compile one.

Illegal or not.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    The MGUN system that is within MILES has NO record of non-regulated firearms, at all, so if they came back with LG info on a .22, it was from some other source, such as a police report containing that info.

Dealers sell those guns on a 4473 that MSP never sees. They don't even look at them during audits.

Not being argumentative.

When an FFL calls in a NICS check on a non-regulated long gun, do you provide all of the firearm information to the background checker people?

Make. Model. Serial Number. Etc.

notfast

Sep 3, 2012
    Bel Air, MD
    Are people surprised by this? Legal or not. Surprised it was broadcast over the air though.

I'm sure the government has made lists of people buying parts kits, 80% lowers etc. as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom