• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rookie Shooter

Feb 26, 2009
    Sykesville, MD
    My son (9) enjoyed his first time at the range. He asked if we could go back next weekend. It looks like I now have a good excuse to spend more time at the range but need to stock up on 22.

Attachments

• 20170219_090914.jpg
      20170219_090914.jpg
      106.1 KB · Views: 575
    • 20170219_090923.jpg
      20170219_090923.jpg
      81.4 KB · Views: 573
    • 20170219_090929.jpg
      20170219_090929.jpg
      71 KB · Views: 578

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Awesome!! My 11 year old daughter is my shooting buddy. Just wait until he gets into centerfire Guns. Your wallet will hate you but you'll have a permanent smile on your face.

Worst nightmare

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 18, 2017
    Nice. I really want to take my son but even though he is 12, I just don't think he is ready. Or can handle doing it properly.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    I saw your boy from the other end. Noted the orange jacket and that he looked like he was a man on a mission to check his target once the line was called safe.

Good stuff there! Brings back memories. Always good to see the youngsters learning the ropes.

Fester60

Feb 1, 2010
    PA
    I took my 5 year old daughter to the range today to shoot her Savage Rascal. She first shot when she was 4. I primarily just care about her following safety rules, and now we are starting to really hone in on sight picture, holding everything steady, and a nice trigger pull. She loves it. I shot the target first to prove it was possible and when she finally hits it like me she gets so excited. Definitely always brings a smile to my face. She had other options of things to do on this nice day and she chose to go to the range with me. I never thought I would leave all my "fun" ARs, AKs, and Glocks at home and be perfectly content to shoot a single shot .22lr all day. I will probably start my 3 year old daughter in two years when I think she is ready.

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Nice. I really want to take my son but even though he is 12, I just don't think he is ready. Or can handle doing it properly.

Start him with a pellet rifle. I bought my grandson a Daisy. It has the safe operating instructions printed on the side. I would make him read the instructions for each shot and follow a cadence. We did this for two years and he graduated to a 22 semi auto rifle. You could also do that with a paint ball rifle. I have this one:
    Spyder MR6 Paintball Gun Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00XK35JBO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_YSLQybSRE9EYF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Worst nightmare

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 18, 2017
    Start him with a pellet rifle. I bought my grandson a Daisy. It has the safe operating instructions printed on the side. I would make him read the instructions for each shot and follow a cadence. We did this for two years and he graduated to a 22 semi auto rifle. You could also do that with a paint ball rifle. I have this one:
    Spyder MR6 Paintball Gun Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00XK35JBO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_YSLQybSRE9EYF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi. Yes, he has a BB gun. He likes it but he it's particularly fueled by going shooting so I don't push it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom