• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    Maybe half the size of the March MACA show, which to my mind is not a bad thing considering it takes me 3 hours to walk through the March show. As advertised there was nothing modern that I saw.

Light attendance, as usual mostly concentrating on Old West items and earlier. I did, however, pick up a 1888-dated German WW1 S84/98aA in a frog dated 1909, but in a WW2 German scabbard.

Also saw a few original Winchester 1897 riot guns, but out of my price range.

Decent for a small show.

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    I got there a little after 9:00 and stayed until 12:30. I thought it was a decent show, very similar to the MACA show in March but smaller. Still the same high priced rifles and militaria you usually see, but there was a lot of cool stuff. Mostly antique guns, bayonets and swords, but there was quite a few Milsurps and C&R items.

I walked around with my Dreyse to see if anyone could tell me anything about it, or if I could compare it to another but didn't have much luck.

I didn't pick up anything except a Type 99 cleaning rod and some .69 round balls.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    i stopped buy and talked to a few familiar faces but left empty handed and ten dollars poorer.

:tdown::thumbsup:

Cruacious

C&R Farmer
    Apr 29, 2015
    Elkton
    So how was the selection of C&R? I'm considered running down there tomorrow, so would like to know whether I should bother. Looking atm for rifles firing oddball rounds.

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    So how was the selection of C&R? I'm considered running down there tomorrow, so would like to know whether I should bother. Looking atm for rifles firing oddball rounds.

Decent amount of Japanese Arisakas, should be an oddball enough round for you :D I didn't look at them much, but some of the conditions ranged from crap to pretty good.

A few Mausers here and there, but some were fairly expensive. Several Krag-Jorgensens as well. Couple overpriced Mosin-Nagants.

Prices varied, not many deals at all but you might be able to find something you like.

If you're close by and have plenty of time, I'd say go for it. If not, it might not be worth it.

Cruacious

C&R Farmer
    Apr 29, 2015
    Elkton
    Decent amount of Japanese Arisakas, should be an oddball enough round for you :D I didn't look at them much, but some of the conditions ranged from crap to pretty good.

A few Mausers here and there, but some were fairly expensive. Several Krag-Jorgensens as well. Couple overpriced Mosin-Nagants.

Prices varied, not many deals at all but you might be able to find something you like.

If you're close by and have plenty of time, I'd say go for it. If not, it might not be worth it.

I'm barely 30 mins away so it's worth my while. Already got a 7.7 Arisaka, just need the 6.5 to round it off, but who knows? I may get lucky and find something nice and cheap.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I did go for an hour and a half. Lots of historic stuff. Lots of Civil War era.
    Did not see any $ exchange hands though. Some o these fellas I hope have big safes

Ironnewt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2012
    Harford County
    This I listed as a "Militaria" show and a lot of these guys are showing off their prizes. Some are willing to sell, some just want to show what they have. An older friend of mine used to display at a show like this one, had no intention of selling anything, just wanted to basically say, "Look What I Got"
    I'm stopping by tomorrow just to look around and drool. I have to wait for October's allowance as I picked up a nice Czech vz24 last weekend and some ammunition at a great price.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    I skipped it and drove to Waldorf to pick up 850ish rounds of 7mm Mauser that i bought and hadn't picked up. Had lunch with the guys and came home. NOW i just need to find a nice 7mm Mauser to go with the Ammo.:lol2:

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    I was a bit disappointed with it.... granted if you go to these antique militaria shows you are used to seeing high prices, but good grief... some of these dealers were on crack. I was consistently seeing prices 50-80% over current value. Was not a show for bargain hunting.

I didn't pick up any bang-sticks of note, but I did get a really cool WWII field desk.... and got my exercise lugging it out to the parking lot. It now has a place of honor next to my reloading area. Neat piece and about the only good deal I saw on Saturday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom